Full Size Truck Seats Interchange

Hey everyone- I have a 2002 chevy 2500hd with leather seats. The problem is that they are pretty tore up and the driver's side power seat controls don't work anymore. I believe that the guts underneath the seat are damaged (the truck was a repo and I don't think the previous owner was very happy about that)- so I am looking for seats to replace mine. I have found some at a local junk yard that are in good shape but they are from a 2005 and the yard couldn't tell me for sure if they would work without switching the tracks over. Some say 99-06 seats will interchange but I haven't heard from anyone that I would consider a reputable source. If anyone knows where I can find this information I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

I know there was a interior redesign in 03 to go along with the newer front end. Id say you have a 50/50 chance that the seat racks are different. Youll have to look the 05 seats over to be sure

I know there was a interior redesign in 03 to go along with the newer front end. Id say you have a 50/50 chance that the seat racks are different. Youll have to look the 05 seats over to be sure

Seat tracks are different, however they will bolt in...also all the electronics from 03+ are different....

If these seats are just 6 Way Power with Leather, You'll be Fine...if they are the 12 Way Power with Heat and Memory, it will by no means be a plug and play.

How much are they charging you for the seats at the salvage yard?

Have you checked E-Bay?

Here's a set advertised as fitting everything from 99-06 (with good pics of the switches and mechanisms): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tahoe-Subur...sQ5fAccessories

Worst case scenario - they bolt in but something is different and you either have to;

- Rewire the new seats with your old harness

- Buy a correct set of tracks from somewhere (you can probably get the correct tracks/controls shipped to you from one of the larger salvage yards)

I installed 04 Denali Seats into my 01 suburban. They do bolt right in. I agree with Travis about the 12 way not being plug and play. But I did get most of it to work. The memory function and the seat heaters are all computer controlled (too much crap to even worry about it). I got the power to the motors hooked up and have full movement and power lumbar and all, just no memory or seat heaters. To get the movement functions to work, just splice a hot and a ground to the two main power wires in the underseat harness. The thick orange wire is the hot, and the thick black wire is your ground.The other dozen or so thinner wires I never hooked up.

• 3 years later...

Hey I know this is an old post, but I'm in the mist of buying a set of 04' Denali seats for my 02' Burb and I wanted to make sure they would work. I realize the heat and mem won't work, but am concerned about how easy everything else will connect.

Any updates, pics etc?

Great info BTW

Archived