Black Trucks! Once You Go Black... Well You Know

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never owned a black truck before but the Onyx Z71/All Terrain sure looks sweet at my GMC dealer. The harder to keep clean though has me leaning toward a Steel Gray Metallic one that would have to be arranged to get.

Later this summer I'll get one on top of Mt. Evans @ 14,000 and Mosquito Pass near Leadville @ 13,800ft

The last time I went across Cumberland Pass, I noticed a cut-off that appeared to actually go up on top of one of the summits. The next time I'm in that area, if the weather is decent, I plan to try to see where that cut-off goes. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to take pictures. :(

Come to think of it, I don't think I've been up Mt Evans in the truck yet.. Time, weather, and roads permitting, I want to try to get closer to Crystal, from Crested Butte, on Gothic Road.. The only time I've taken that road was about 6 wks after I got the truck. I was still afraid of the least little thing breaking something. I know the truck's limits a lot better, now... (as well as my own - hehehe) So, that might be on the agenda, too.. :lol:

Love me some black beauties... Come on guys we can have a bigger thread than the red trucks...Only thing nice about a red truck is that she may have green eyes and that kinda makes me horny.

This aint the love boat Captain Stubing. Remember the Red Truck club was here first!

Robert :(

About a month ago- the grass was just starting to green up, too.

If it was all about staying clean looking, I would have gotten Road Dust gray or Topsoil Tan instead of Black Granite.

From this angle though, it looks like I need to put some shiney stuff in my wheel wells.....nah.

gallery_61310_3_156147.jpg

My last truck was black :(

+1

and the one before that was "almost black", most people, including my oldest daughter, who was very young at the time, thoguht it was black. It was VERY dark blue (not sure what the color was called in 89?).

Black is BY FAR the nicest color. But not "lazy-friendly" at all.

Archived