Black Trucks! Once You Go Black... Well You Know

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absurveyor,

I bought my wife a AWD chevy equinox, the thing was great until it hit 100k. The rear carrier bearing in the drive shaft got sloppy causing a bad vibration, I removed the driveshaft for the summer. Winter came and with only front wheel drive, she complained constantly. The part was on national back order. I am in partnership with a family member, together we sell cars, not my regular job. We had taken this subaru in and my wife drove it and fell in love. We took the equinox to the auction, it did more than I expected, so I finally agreed after 18 years to let her get something other than gm. Keeping with the thread, it is black. The cavalier convertible was a father/son project, came in red, left black. The Tahoe is a plow rig. The Gn I aquired by trading a 71 Chevelle ss with a 454, it was also black.

On a side note I just had my windows tinted yesterday. I'll try to attach a pic.

Sorry my response is a month late, I admit I dont always follow the threads updates.

Tom

I loved my black trucks (and cars) too but i found something even nicer......

DSC05750.jpg

Storm Gray Metallic!! Gray with little brown metallic flake... fell in love with this and passed on the black Denali!

absurveyor,

I bought my wife a AWD chevy equinox, the thing was great until it hit 100k. The rear carrier bearing in the drive shaft got sloppy causing a bad vibration, I removed the driveshaft for the summer. Winter came and with only front wheel drive, she complained constantly. The part was on national back order. I am in partnership with a family member, together we sell cars, not my regular job. We had taken this subaru in and my wife drove it and fell in love. We took the equinox to the auction, it did more than I expected, so I finally agreed after 18 years to let her get something other than gm. Keeping with the thread, it is black. The cavalier convertible was a father/son project, came in red, left black. The Tahoe is a plow rig. The Gn I aquired by trading a 71 Chevelle ss with a 454, it was also black.

On a side note I just had my windows tinted yesterday. I'll try to attach a pic.

Sorry my response is a month late, I admit I dont always follow the threads updates.

Tom

Thanks for the Update Tom, I Too am looking at something for the Mrs. in a small 4x4. So last week she sees a newer Saturn vue and likes it. Only she would pick a vehicle they don't make anymore(that and the Solstice). And Subaru's up here cost an arm and a Leg new and used. Maybe she can keep her Grand am and I'll look for a vette!

Archived