:thumbs: What does it take to add the xm module to a 2007 new style chevy 2500HD truck? I have researched this and I know that the radio in the dash is xm ready because it has the cat button.. It is the 6 disk unit w/bose.. I looked behind the glovebox and do not see the xm module that everyone is talking about. The other question is the onstar ant. on the cab, I've read that you have to have a different one for onstar and xm to work together? If anybody has any part # for the ant. and the xm module that would be a big help....

Thanks for any info...

There is a kit you can get from the dealer to add XM. You need to drop the glove box door to install the tuner. Pull the a-pillar covers, the visors and overhead console. Remove the current Onstar antenna. Install the antenna from the kit. Run the antenna lead. Pull the radio and install a new harness from the kit between the tuner and the radio. Put everything back together and call XM to activate.

There is a kit you can get from the dealer to add XM. You need to drop the glove box door to install the tuner. Pull the a-pillar covers, the visors and overhead console. Remove the current Onstar antenna. Install the antenna from the kit. Run the antenna lead. Pull the radio and install a new harness from the kit between the tuner and the radio. Put everything back together and call XM to activate.

Quick note on the antenna. On my '08 Tahoe it's the single shark fin antenna. The one antenna takes care of the cellular for onstar, GPS for onstar, and XM. I don't know but if you pull your head liner down you can check and see if you have 2 or 3 leads coming from the antenn. Black is cellular, blue is GPS and beige is XM. I'm suprised that they would make a seperate antenna for onstar vs onstar and XM. XM antennas are cheap and it seems like it would cost more money and effort to make two seperate antennas. I could understand if you had XM and had to swap out antennas to add Onstar but the other way around doesn't make as much sense.

Quick note on the antenna. On my '08 Tahoe it's the single shark fin antenna. The one antenna takes care of the cellular for onstar, GPS for onstar, and XM. I don't know but if you pull your head liner down you can check and see if you have 2 or 3 leads coming from the antenn. Black is cellular, blue is GPS and beige is XM. I'm suprised that they would make a seperate antenna for onstar vs onstar and XM. XM antennas are cheap and it seems like it would cost more money and effort to make two seperate antennas. I could understand if you had XM and had to swap out antennas to add Onstar but the other way around doesn't make as much sense.

If the vehicle did not have XM from the factory, the shark fin antenna will not have XM capability. That's why the kit includes a replacement antenna.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
What should I do if the XM button doesn't show in the screen interface as you can see in the attached pic?

It's not going to show up unless/until you have XM hooked up. Kind of like "AUX" doesn't show up unless/until you plug something into the jack.

Archived