Tornado Fuel Saver

I m thinking about installing the Tornado Fuel Saver but i m not to sure if its even worth it. I ve herd that the gm engines already do the same thing with the way the intake is setup. Just looking for some feed back from anyone who has tried this thing or knows anyone who has.

Thanks.

I wouldn't. I can't cite the exact episode here, but Mythbusters did a whole episode on 'ways to increase fuel economy' in engines. They checked out a Tornado-like product and found that it made the average MPG a little worse. (Probably hindered intake air flow?) You might be able to find it on Youtube. You can also find info with a google search of something like "Tornado fuel saver scam" or similar.

I remember reading somewhere that the guy who invented the tornado was sued for false claims. Now if you really think about it if any of these so called fuel savers work dont you think all the major vehicle manufactors would be all over this or already have? Only thing you will be doing is fatting the inventors bank account. PURE JUNK.

yeah i bought one back in 2002 and tried it out on my stock 01 blazer, and i got it for 50 bucks, and it was a waste, i drove on it for 4 months and didnt notice any difference. The best way to increase MPG is with a good tune.

I think that those only benefit a carburated vehicle because they can help mix the air and fuel inside the intake. Anything that is port fuel injected (so about all new vehicles now) will get no benefit, and sometimes it will result in worse performance. In my opinion instead of buying one of those for $80 or so, buy some chrome door handles.

Chrome HP boost = Tornado HP boost but looks better!

i bought one and i bought it instead of buying a new MAF ...the old one had no screen so i bought it instead of buying a new one..and i can actualy say i got some gains out of it..and mpg went up to were it shouldve been if i bought a new MAF..but everyone i hear from says it sux so unless ur maf doesnt have a screen and ur kindve cheap like me lol dont get one

this and TB spacers are one of the most useless things ever... on a DRY flow manifold, why does swirling the air matter? it doesnt... the only reason the Vortec heads somewhat help is because the swirl design is AFTER the fuel and air come together.

save your money for something worth while like filling up your gas tank.

Archived