Diesel

I just bought a 08 2500 HD with a Duramax. I was at Co-op yesterday, and they are carrying two grades of on-road fuel. #2 Diesel and then Diesel with B5-20 Biodiesel. I couldn't find anything with a sticker saying Ultra Low Sulpher. I filled up with the Biodiesel, is this the right fuel? I figured the biodiesel would lower the sulpher content in the fuel.

All nondyed #2 sold is either required now or very soon will be required to be ULSD. I havent seen any LSD in NY PA OH or KY. Bio has fewer BTU's per unit volume but lubricates better. Less power/mileage, possibly cheaper, clouds/gells at higher temps, lubricates internal fuel system better than ULSD.

Good luck deciding.

Don't go over B5 with the bio (per GM's print) and that'll be fine, some issues in Illinois with Bio gelling up, believe their's might be B11. You CAN put LSD in an LMM and not have issues, it's been done and no problems. Mexico has no ULSD only LSD, a few I know have gone over 6K miles with LSD the whole time, no issues. Chris

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^ I agree, there are guys I know running diesel from Mexico in their 07.5 -08s with no problems. However I thought that there is a problem with the new ULSD in older LSD diesel engines. I was told that the new ULSD does not lubricate the fuel and injectors well enough. Does anybody know anything about this? I would like to know because I have started using more Lucas in my 99' Freightliner ( Just to be safe if this is true).

post-32868-1203190393_thumb.jpg\

This is what pays for my bills by the way.

post-32868-1203190393_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

#2 is ULSD, and I run about 10% biodiesel with no noticeable loss of power. It actually runs quieter because of lubricating qualities of the biodiesel. I also add about 8-10 oz. of Power Service from the gray bottle. The biodiesel will help keep your fuel tank and lines clean. I won't run my truck without biodiesel.

Archived