O2 Sensor Simulator

Good evening, i'm Italian Boy and my English is very poor, sorry.

It's possible bypassing or simulating an O2 sensor ?

P.S. In Italy the Thecnique of American Cars isn't know and the person they are useful.

(I have GMC Sierra SL 4.8L '99 Ext Cab Standard Box 2WD)

:dunno:

Good evening, i'm Italian Boy and my English is very poor, sorry.

It's possible bypassing or simulating an O2 sensor ?

P.S. In Italy the Thecnique of American Cars isn't know and the person they are useful.

(I have GMC Sierra SL 4.8L '99 Ext Cab Standard Box 2WD)

:thumbs:

Yes you can use an o2 simulator. If you bypass it the check engine light will come on.

• 4 years later...

I am looking for some o2 sensor simulators or eliminators myself. I put headers on and a custom side exit exhaust. The headers had a place for the front sensors but there is no place for the rears and I don't want to attempt drilling in my custom exhaust possibly destroying it or causing a leak. I can not find them on internet searches for a Silverado/GM/Chevrolet. I have a 2002 model and right now the rear sensors are unplugged from the harness mounted on the frame and stored in my toolbox.

Anybody have any solutions for what I want to purchase?

I have tried most or a lot of the websites that pop up under search terms but have not found any simple good results that will fit or claim to fit a Silverado. Maybe I can't get what I am looking for but have found many online posts refering to "dummy o2 sensors", "o2 sensor sims", "o2 sensor simulators", etc.

I was hoping someone had found a solution already that was in use currently.

Archived