2005 6.6 L

I would go for it, ours has not had a single hickup.

Plus it had alot of power, even before we put the chip on it... and now its really fast, and thats only on the 65 hp. tune!

I think some of the 2004.5 LLYs had overheating problems, but our 05' runs pretty cool so maybe GM solved that problem.

• 1 month later...
I would go for it, ours has not had a single hickup.

Plus it had alot of power, even before we put the chip on it... and now its really fast, and thats only on the 65 hp. tune!

I think some of the 2004.5 LLYs had overheating problems, but our 05' runs pretty cool so maybe GM solved that problem.

hi ,all i got to say is keep the fuel and filter clean,I know it sounds dumb but i see it all the time at my dealership,clogged filters can cause a lot of probs ,even trans shifting complaints,I guy up here in the great white north was so convinced that his alli had piled up,he replaced it for $5000.,then he put a fuel filter in it to really fix it ,no lie,have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looking into purchasing a 05 chev with a duramax. I am new to this engine, but not diesels.

any pet peves, or other with this rig? Currently own an 01 with an 8.1, so I know the trans, and rest of the drive train will be SOUND!

THanks!!!

Well I would not buy a 2005 with a lly . I have a 2005 d/a cc dually it has overheating issues and a whole lot of fan noise. I have had problems with this starting at 1613 miles. It has overheated pulling as little as 3000lb trailer. It also has a steering issue in the fact as when you are trying to park at slow parking lot speeds or when it is stopped with your foot on the brake the steering only turns about halfway then it gets real stiff and the power steering pump whines. I bought this truck new and it currently has 21000 miles and its been to chevy dealers 20 times for repairs. I refuse to drive it anymore and I am getting ready to do a lemon law buyback on it.

Archived