My New Truck Got Hit Today

Well I'm sitting up in my apartment and hear a crunch noise from outside. I look out the window and notice an old couple who backed up into my truck. They pull forward and backed out again looking at my truck as they drove away. No note no nothing. So I ran outside and got their license plate number and called the cops. As I was doing this, the girl they were visiting was leaving and I quickly grabbed her told her what happened. She ended up calling them and told them to come back since the cops were coming.

From a distance, you can't see any damage but up close you can. Looks like my rear bumper got pushed in on the passanger side and the gap between my tailgate and bed is pretty close together. When you open the tailgate all the way, they touch at the bottom and the clear coat or paint rubs. Hopefully just the clear coat just got rubbed off. Everything else looks easy to fix, new bumper and the gap readjusted between the bed and tailgate. Does anyone know how easy it is to fix the gap. Is there just a bolt they loosen and move the bed panel away?

Well I'm sitting up in my apartment and hear a crunch noise from outside. I look out the window and notice an old couple who backed up into my truck. They pull forward and backed out again looking at my truck as they drove away. No note no nothing. So I ran outside and got their license plate number and called the cops. As I was doing this, the girl they were visiting was leaving and I quickly grabbed her told her what happened. She ended up calling them and told them to come back since the cops were coming.

From a distance, you can't see any damage but up close you can. Looks like my rear bumper got pushed in on the passanger side and the gap between my tailgate and bed is pretty close together. When you open the tailgate all the way, they touch at the bottom and the clear coat or paint rubs. Hopefully just the clear coat just got rubbed off. Everything else looks easy to fix, new bumper and the gap readjusted between the bed and tailgate. Does anyone know how easy it is to fix the gap. Is there just a bolt they loosen and move the bed panel away?

Ouch, they may have to look at the mounting brackets and underlying bumper support, cant say without pics though, that is painful to read

Man, that sucks. But at least you got 'em before they ran off never to be seen again. See if you can get some pics, but a good body shop should be able to get ya a full estimate with exactly what got damaged and needs to be replaced/repaired. Ya never know! But good luck!

Man, that sucks. But at least you got 'em before they ran off never to be seen again. See if you can get some pics, but a good body shop should be able to get ya a full estimate with exactly what got damaged and needs to be replaced/repaired. Ya never know! But good luck!

At least your truck didn't end up like this:

6-10-07-tree-crash-1.gif

2005 Chevy Silverado

OR THIS ONE:

7-8-07-avalanche-crash-1.gif

2005 Chevy Avalanche

Now that is painful to see

that sucks.!!! Old people back into everything

Hey Brian are those the GMC or Escalade Rims on your Z71? (Sorry for the thread jack, looks pretty good on that black Z71 though)

Wow that really sucks man. Hope you get it all worked out soon.

that sucks.!!! Old people back into everything

Couldn't agree more. My grandpa almost backed over our mailbox, which is about 8 feet from the driveway....

By the way BLKChevy, could you make your signature pic smaller, it messes up the whole page with it that big.

Young kids - old farts.

Hmmm . . . .

Is there a middle ground here? Got a name/description for this age group?

At what age does one become an old fart?

At what age does a young person end being a young kid?

I'm gad you got them!!! Good for you. There are very few thing that piss me off more then people that do that. Hit and run, I don't know about where you live but here they could do jail time. Make them pay!!! Don't settle for anything but perfect! Don't feel bad about it either, they were dishonest and broke the law.

Archived