Spray Liner Inside Wheel Wells

anyone have liner on the inside of your rear wheel wells? i've been calling around (line-x, rhino, etc. dealers) all day & no one will spray it... they say truck beds only. thinking of doing it myself now.

anyone ever use the 'do-it-yourself' liner kits??? any advice on which one to choose???

I recently had LINE-X do my short bed on my new Silverado. I asked about doing the rear wheel wells and they said it'd be almost $150 due to the labor involved of removing the wheels, masking, etc...no thanks!

I picked up two cans of 3M spray on undercoating from my local AUTOZONE and did it myself for less than $20. I scuffed the paint, used masking tape and sheet plastic to keep everything where I wanted it. It took me longer to mask than it did to spray. It really improves the look since my truck sits at oem ride height.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n274/19...pg?t=1183497178

I recently had LINE-X do my short bed on my new Silverado. I asked about doing the rear wheel wells and they said it'd be almost $150 due to the labor involved of removing the wheels, masking, etc...no thanks!

I picked up two cans of 3M spray on undercoating from my local AUTOZONE and did it myself for less than $20. I scuffed the paint, used masking tape and sheet plastic to keep everything where I wanted it. It took me longer to mask than it did to spray. It really improves the look since my truck sits at oem ride height.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n274/19...pg?t=1183497178

I just did mine last Friday! I got a couple cans of Dupli-Color Truck Bed Coating in the spray can from AutoZone for $8.79 a can. It took a can and a half to do two coats to the rear fender wells. Turned out good! It' not as thick as Line-X, but I was more interested in masking the massive expanse of white seen above the rear tires, but it does feel as though it will add some protection against rocks and other road debris.

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

Same here used the duplicolor bedliner in a can. Worked great I even did my nerf bar since it started to show its age. I painted it when I changed the rear diff fluid last yr (you can see the black pan under the truck). I also drapped plastic down the bedsides so I didnt get any overspray on the truck. I cant believe how well it is holding up. I just scrubed mine tonight because it was caked in mud then sprayed some armor all tire foam in there and whalla brand new looking again.

post-56-1183508698_thumb.jpg

post-56-1183508724_thumb.jpg

IM002000.jpg

IM002002.jpg

IM002000.jpg

IM002002.jpg

IM002000.jpg

IM002002.jpg

IM002000.jpg

IM002002.jpg

sweet! looks like i'm heading to autozone 1st thing tomorrow morning.

thanks everyone for the feedback

I would call your dealer first to make sure you aren't affecting the paint/corrosion warranty.

A neighbor of mine has a 2005 Dodge and he purchased plastic inserts that cover the inter-fender wells and frame.

Protects it from the direct tire spray of salt and sand in the winter months. Has any one seen anything like that for the GM vehicles?

Any thoughts Good, Bad, or what ever!

I read 2-3 weeks ago on another site that GM had announced that they would soon have plastic liners for the new truck, but no part number or price was available at the time.

I found a guy on EBAY that sells large OD rubber plugs that fill in the holes on the new body style chassis. They're simply a friction fit...keeps the critters and buggers out of the open tubular cross members.

I read 2-3 weeks ago on another site that GM had announced that they would soon have plastic liners for the new truck, but no part number or price was available at the time.

I found a guy on EBAY that sells large OD rubber plugs that fill in the holes on the new body style chassis. They're simply a friction fit...keeps the critters and buggers out of the open tubular cross members.

A plastic liner would be better, I did the spray can undercoating and it doesn't look good after 2 full winters of road salt/sand and has many see-through spots where you can now see the Red box paint, it's not a deep Black anymore after all the road crap.

I'd recommend a good sanding of the painted parts in the wheel well first or it may not stick very well.

sweet! looks like i'm heading to autozone 1st thing tomorrow morning.

thanks everyone for the feedback

I would call your dealer first to make sure you aren't affecting the paint/corrosion warranty.

I was just looking at what to do about that space and after seeing you guys do it, I am headed to Autozone right now. I just wonder how long it will hold up and if I should apply primer after sanding it.

I think it would depend on the product you decide to buy. The 3M product I used did not require a primer for the undercoating...I'm not aware of any undercoating that would require an undercoating unless you're applying over bare metal. Just scuff up the painted surface so the undercoating will adhere, just like what LINE-X or RHINO or any other bed liner product.

How long will it last? That depends on weather, salt, road chips, etc that you routinely drive your vehicle.

planning on washing and sanding this evening...and then applying the duplicolor bed coating in the morning....depending on how it looks then....may also do a coat of 3m undercoating afterwards.....definately think this makes the silverado look better....lots of other trucks come from the factory with a coating under there....most definately helps the looks and protects as well.....

Archived