Edelbrock Shorty Headers

clm7214

Soo the dealer stripped out one of the studs in the exhaust manifold when they put in my new tranny and now it wont tighten up and leaks like crazy. Has anyone had the Edelbrock TiTech Shorty headers? I can get them for $270 on summit so its not that much more expensive than the stock maniflods and they come with the gaskets and all the hardware. Im not looking for gobs of power from them, i just want a quality replacement. Anyone have experience with these?

Cant go wrong with something from Vic!!

If you're doing it because you need to put "something" on...great....but don't expect gobs of power from them...or any other headers, on a stock motor. If you had a different cam then I would say you'd get some decent gains.

I haven't heard anything bad about edlebrock...but honestly that's almost halfway to a cam install.....if you want actual power I'd head in that direction....or a custom tune which will totally embarass any predator tune.

If you're doing it because you need to put "something" on...great....but don't expect gobs of power from them...or any other headers, on a stock motor. If you had a different cam then I would say you'd get some decent gains.

I haven't heard anything bad about edlebrock...but honestly that's almost halfway to a cam install.....if you want actual power I'd head in that direction....or a custom tune which will totally embarass any predator tune.

Thats exactlly what i said in my first post. I said I WASNT looking for gobs of power, just a quality replacement. Obviously its not going to make a big difference in power, its a shorty header to begin with.

hey...post pics if and when you get them. I am looking at a set myself, just cause they look good.

whats the diff in the Titec and the ceramic coated....besides the obvious...

SORRY FOR THE 'JACKING

The only issue I have had while looking at the Edelbrocks is the way the tubing seems to be squashed as the head tubes merge into the collectors. It just doesn't look right to me. Kind of like everything was put in place and then squashed into a mold. I have spent time looking at the other shorty headers out there and the others don't look that way.

Shorties suck.... All there is to it. You can gain a good amount of power with a good LT running cats WITHOUT A TUNE!!! Yes I did say without a tune. Shorties wont do dick for power. You might as well leave the stock manifolds on there. Save some money and get a good long tube. I will not condone the use of Pacesetter. I run Thorleys and glad I went that route.

Shorties suck.... All there is to it. You can gain a good amount of power with a good LT running cats WITHOUT A TUNE!!! Yes I did say without a tune. Shorties wont do dick for power. You might as well leave the stock manifolds on there. Save some money and get a good long tube. I will not condone the use of Pacesetter. I run Thorleys and glad I went that route.

Is anyone even reading my original post?

Is anyone even reading my original post?

I wouldnt buy shorties for a dollar.

Find some stock manifolds!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your gonna be cheap, that is the route to go.

Hey I read your original post. My only concern with the Edelbrocks, besides the squashed look, came from reading reviews written by people who had installed them on their trucks. Look over on truckperformance.com at the headers for your truck and read the reviews. Some people said they were great, but others said they were awful.

It's hard to tell if those headers are worth buying or not.

Check the classifieds on different boards. Truck guys install headers on a pretty much daily basis. Then they turn around and try to sell their stock manifolds. Just buy some stockers cheap.

Rid'n

I opted for coated Thorleys. Oh, also. There is a set of chromed Thorleys for sale on PT.nets classifieds for $265!!!

I know the difference between shorties and long tubes. I have run many different kinds of long tube headers on different trucks. I was looking for something that would just bolt up. I looked at truckperformance.com, and i couldnt find a review on a 2500HD install. The block is the same, but the exhaust is very different. An HD is dual 3in and it seemed most of the complaints were how they connected to the 1500's Y pipe.

Archived