Running new speaker wire to doors.

I got the speakers in the doors today. The fronts were no problem. I ran the wire through with the existing wire bundle. I didn't run new wire into the rear doors because there was a wiring harness at the b pillar that I could not get around without screwing something up. I ended up splicing into the stock wiring. I guess I will have to cut down on the gain to the rears.

I just got done putting 6.5 components in the front of my 02 sierra extended cab.

I ran 12gauge wire. My problem was that I didn't want to install the crossovers in the door due to lack of room to mount the crossovers, and I didn't want to take the cheap way out and just "lay" them in the doors.

I have the extended cab 4 door, and even though I didn't plan on putting in new speakers in the rear yet, I did look at all the work that would be involved, and my god, it looks like a pain.

So, I ended up running 2 pairs of wires to each door. It was a pain running them through the rubber tube. The only way I was able to do it was to pull the rubber tube off the plastic circular plugs. The hardest part was putting the rubber tube back on to the plastic plugs. My figertips still hurt, but, it looks and sounds clean :D I'm posting in another topic pics of the results, so check it out there.

Archived