Wiring harness plug repair kits

fireball

Question

This may come across as a request right out of left field (so to speak) but does anyone know if I can get a repair kit(crimp on wire connectors) to fix a couple of corroded pins on one of my ABS connector plugs,the large rectangular one?If not from GM how about another source?This is for a 99 Silverado.Thanks.

0 answers to this question

The terminals as well as the plastic bodies, seals, connectors, etc., are actually made by Packard aka Power & Signal. We (as an electrical & electronics distributor) sell them but in bigger quantities. For just a few pins your best best would be the dealer or an auto parts store that may have them.

The individual terminals are available. Figuring out which terminal it is and a part number is another story. We have 25 trays, with each tray having 20 or so compartments, each with a different terminal. Even for us in service, finding the right terminal for a connector can be very difficult.

Some connectors are available as complete assemblies with all the terminals in place, each with about 12" of wire hanging out. The only problem with this is that all the wires are white, so you have to pay real close attention as you splice it into the harness.

This may come across as a request right out of left field (so to speak) but does anyone know if I can get a repair kit(crimp on wire connectors) to fix a couple of corroded pins on one of my ABS connector plugs,the large rectangular one?If not from GM how about another source?This is for a 99 Silverado.Thanks.

The terminals as well as the plastic bodies, seals, connectors, etc., are actually made by Packard aka Power & Signal.

We use terminals made by a wide variety of manufacturers. Delphi, Yazaki, Sumitomo, Lear, etc.

Thanks for all the info guys I'll see what I can come up with for terminals as the closest scrap yard to me,that specializes in GM buy the way,has a wiring harness but he does'nt seem to eager to cut the plug off for me.

Archived