Heavy Duty Grill Guards

I'm in the market for an extremely heavy-duty grill guard for my '03 3/4 ton HD pickup. I'm not the least interested in the flimsy chrome "grill guards" built by most companies, such as Smitty Built, Westin, Dee Zee, etc. They might look OK, but they do absolutely no good for my intened purpose. I live in rural Montana, and the white-tail deer here are thick! We all hit them on the road, it's just a fact of life. If you haven't hit one yet, you will!

I need a grill guard I can shmuck a deer at 70 mph with and still be to work on time. So far, I've looked at the Reunel and Road Armor. I like the Reunel, it's just really expensive. The Road Armor is really ugly to me.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Take a look at knockamule.com. I got mine from there. They look similar to a ranchhand or a South Texas Outfitters front end replacement bumper. Their quality is as good as the others but, their prices are better. I have had several different types and so far it has held up great.

Mike

I have a Ranchand full replacement front end and love it. It is heavy as hell but no doubt will smear a dear if it gets in your way. Also, a major downfall, they are very expensive. However, you definatly get what you pay for. Great quality and great looks, check one out!

i work for ranchhand, www.ranchhand.com. our products are the best looking and strongest mounting products i have seen for the NBS chevys. there are some pictures on our website, but they havent been updated. we are now offering brackets for our front replacement to keep the factory foglights, and tow hooks, and on the grille guards, the towhooks are now kept as well. when you are ready to buy get in touch with me and ill see what i can do for you. :cheers:

Ranch Hand front end bumper repalcements are real nice! Great, strong build quality. However, the grill guard needs some improvemnt. I had to remove my tow hooks in order to install it on my truck - other mfg's offer a replacemnt setup for them, or the unit can be installed without removing the hooks. :cheers:

I have a Ranchand full replacement front end and love it. It is heavy as hell but no doubt will smear a dear if it gets in your way. Also, a major downfall, they are very expensive. However, you definatly get what you pay for. Great quality and great looks, check one out!

I'll second that. The ranchand is a good product. I've modded mine a little and redid some of the welds, but I'm a welder so I'm picky I like the stacked dime look. Anyways Had is Galvanized and then painted didn't like it had is stripped and powder primed, and powder coated gloss black. No rust so far thanks to welding every god D@mn gap on the thing. But the build is good. I've smeared a Toyota Tundra, many deer, my fiance's sunfire tree's cows all kinds of good things and all that happened is the front of the trucks frame bent a little so I heated her up tapped it down and did some custom modding that only a Ironworker, Fabricator can do... :cheers:

we dont offer shackle mounts unless you get the full replacement, then you can use the receiver shackle in the front and rear reciever.

the towhooks on the latest grille guards are kept and relocated. they are almost in the factory location, and just as strong. for the first run of our 03+ grille guards, the hooks were lost, but now we accomidate them.

Thanks ranchhand, not exactly what I was looking for. I'd like them on both side of the bumper, not just one mounted in a receiver tube. I have seen a few other bumpers that do have them on there and thought ranch hand's did as well.

You actually work for ranchhand? I am in very close conjunction with a chevy dealership and we have to get our ranchhand's through a distributor (Shamrock Accessories in Lubbock, TX) I was wondering if you can get us any better price or delivery on these, or am I best staying with them?

we dont offer shackle mounts unless you get the full replacement, then you can use the receiver shackle in the front and rear reciever.

the towhooks on the latest grille guards are kept and relocated. they are almost in the factory location, and just as strong. for the first run of our 03+ grille guards, the hooks were lost, but now we accomidate them.

Cool, because now i'll buy a RH for my '04 Sub. Losing my hooks on my 2500HD was my only gripe. Glad to see it's no longer the case. Thanks.

You actually work for ranchhand? I am in very close conjunction with a chevy dealership and we have to get our ranchhand's through a distributor (Shamrock Accessories in Lubbock, TX) I was wondering if you can get us any better price or delivery on these, or am I best staying with them?

well, depending on the amount of business that yall do, i could send you all the paperwork to get your own account. PM me when you are ready, and ill get your phone # and get all the stuff faxed over to you.

the towhooks on the latest grille guards are kept and relocated.  they are almost in the factory location, and just as strong.  for the first run of our 03+ grille guards, the hooks were lost, but now we accomidate them.

Cool, because now i'll buy a RH for my '04 Sub. Losing my hooks on my 2500HD was my only gripe. Glad to see it's no longer the case. Thanks.

well, the 04s are still the OBS front bumpers. the hooks dont even get relocated. they stay in the factory location. every body style has its own special way to mount. then depending on if its a 1/2 ton, or 3/4ton they have different mounting as well.

Check out the Warn Heavy Duty bumpers on their web site. I have seen the Ranch Hand in person and there is no comparison as far as fit and finish. The welds and workmanship on the Warn is first rate, the only other one I found that comes close in quality is Road Armor. I chose the Warn for my 03 2500 HD crew and don't regret it at all. :thumbs:

Archived