24' Rearview Mirror swap

1 hour ago, ExtraSalty said:

Hello all

Have a 24' LT with the flip rearview mirror and wanted to install an auto-dimming option. I found part # 84350235, would this work on the LT? Do I need an additional harness?

I have everything you needIMG_8424.thumb.jpeg.fbd48fbfee5dd83f2ef2b34a2da48ae4.jpeg

8 hours ago, ExtraSalty said:

Hello all

Have a 24' LT with the flip rearview mirror and wanted to install an auto-dimming option. I found part # 84350235, would this work on the LT? Do I need an additional harness?

LT has auto climate control, so it should have the windshield moisture sensor (option code ASV) and then would in turn have the ability to add the auto dimming mirror.  You will however need the jumper harness that Gen5diy makes that I will link below:

22-24 Refresh 1500 model Manual Dim mirror to Camera mirror/auto dim m – Gen5DIY

4 hours ago, redwngr said:

I don't know what is already there and what needs to be added. 

Also don't know if the light sensor it uses is internal to the auto-dim mirror or remote mounted

@newdude likely knows the auto-dim details.

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of cutting or splicing wires and I do not have the rain sensor, so I took a different approach.  I used the trailer break harness that was included with my truck.  I extended the harness, ran it up the A pillar and over the head liner to the mirror.  I had to use a Dremel tool to make a little clearance so the plastic mirror cover would fit around the mirror mount.  If you use the same mirror, attach the power wire to the run crank position of the connector.  This will make sure the garage door opener will only work when the ignition is on.

Mirror 1.JPG

Mirror 2.JPG