Adjust or replace torsion bar in 1999 K1500?

My 1999 4-door Yukon 4x4 is bottoming out the front suspension on big dips in the road.  I replaced the shocks, but that wasn't enough to remedy the problem.

Since this model doesn't have springs, I'm wondering if I can adjust the torsion bars in the 1999 or if I need to replace them?  If I adjust the torsion bars, will it affect wheel alignment?

55 minutes ago, lunytnz said:

My 1999 4-door Yukon 4x4 is bottoming out the front suspension on big dips in the road.  I replaced the shocks, but that wasn't enough to remedy the problem.

Since this model doesn't have springs, I'm wondering if I can adjust the torsion bars in the 1999 or if I need to replace them?  If I adjust the torsion bars, will it affect wheel alignment?

Are your jounce bumpers still there?  If they are, are they worn out or missing?  The jounce bumper is an integral part of the torsion bar IFS on these GMs.  

If they are original or the rubber is missing, GM discontinued the standard bumper which fit 1995-2000 Tahoe and was the same bumper 1999-2010 HD pickups.  Because of this though, you can use the 07-10 Z71 HD bumpers, p/n 15835667.  

We had a tech get burned by that on an 03 1 ton dump.  Front end was super bouncy, tech sold shocks, didn't fix it.  The jounce bumpers weren't even in the frame anymore, just the stud and nut that's molded into the bumper was left.  New bumpers and it drove great.  

Edited by newdude