2015 Sierra Remote Start

I have a 2015 Sierra 1500 and the remote start has been acting up for a few months now. About 1/2 the time it doesn't do anything. 1/4 of the time it will start for a second or two then turn itself off and 1/4 of the time it works as it should. I replaced the key fob battery but it did not make a difference. The hood open light never comes on so not sure if that’s related?

8 minutes ago, Agen14 said:

I have a 2015 Sierra 1500 and the remote start has been acting up for a few months now. About 1/2 the time it doesn't do anything. 1/4 of the time it will start for a second or two then turn itself off and 1/4 of the time it works as it should. I replaced the key fob battery but it did not make a difference. The hood open light never comes on so not sure if that’s related?

Yes, remote start events will not happen with any check engine codes or the hood being open. I haven't tried it but some of the safety switches like your seat belt you can override with unplugging it from the connector. It's either detecting the hood being opened when both the wires are shorted together or open circuited.

25 minutes ago, Agen14 said:

Have you tried your second fob to see if it works? You did say current fob will work sometimes, correct?