I’ve been trying to find a solution to my issue and can’t seem to find anyone having the same issues, to start I have a 2014 Silverado LT with the 3.4L V6 with 120k miles, recently my temp has been getting up to 210 although I have a 196 thermostat in it, and sometimes it goes over that and when looking at my fans they don’t turn on unless my AC is on and then they seem to be on low speed, so I put new fans and thermostat in, temp is still going to 210 but not over now but the fans are still not turning on when hot just while AC is on, my next small test will be the temp sensor but I’m sure that’s not it since my gauge still works and my transmission temp is staying in range also so that’s not causing the high temps, I’m hoping someone has had the same issue and knows the fix but my last resort is the pump which I’m saving for last, just hope there’s something I’m missing as I think it’s something to do with the fans not turning on to keep it at the correct temp.

Which thermostat are you using? I had a similar situation several months after I installed a Motorad 194⁰ thermostat to replace the stock 207⁰ OEM one that failed after several years. I installed a 194⁰ GM thermostat and the problem was fixed. 

But this brings up another question. Are you checking the actual coolant temperature or are you using the dash gauge? I ask this because although the dash gauge will show 210⁰, that doesn't mean it's the actual temperature. The gauge will show 210⁰ as soon as the coolant temperature reaches 185⁰ and stay at 210⁰ when coolant goes up to around 225⁰. If the dash gauge starts to rise, you are already hotter than 225⁰. 

And just to add, although there will be variations in coolant temp, the dash gauge sitting at 210⁰ is where it should normally be during normal operation. When my original stock 207⁰ thermostat went bad, the dash gauge was showing under 210⁰ in colder weather and was probably sticking open. I knew I had a problem also because I wasn't getting as much heat in cab as I should have. When my replacement Motorad 194⁰ thermostat went bad, it was sticking partially closed and coolant wasn't flowing through the radiator as it should have. It made coolant run hot especially when hard accelerating on to the highway or running at highway speeds for a length of time.  I confirmed that by holding the hose that came from thermostat to top of radiator. Once I replaced with a 194⁰ GM thermostat, my dash gauge pretty much parks at 210⁰ unless I am towing a heavy trailer or my toy hauler. Then it will sometimes occasionally rise but then fall back to normal temps at steady speeds.

52 minutes ago, newdude said:

Unless you've got a dud thermostat, 210F is normal temps.  

Kind of. I mean no disrespect as I know you know your stuff from experience, vast knowledge, and reading your many posts. But just a clarification, I agree that 210⁰ on dash gauge is normal but there still can be a fluctuation on actual coolant temp. The dash gauge will read 210⁰ even though the coolant temperature can be anywhere from 185⁰ to just over 220⁰. 

5 minutes ago, mikeyk101 said:

Kind of. I mean no disrespect as I know you know your stuff from experience, vast knowledge, and reading your many posts. But just a clarification, I agree that 210⁰ on dash gauge is normal but there still can be a fluctuation on actual coolant temp. The dash gauge will read 210⁰ even though the coolant temperature can be anywhere from 185⁰ to just over 220⁰. 

Correct, water temp will fluctuate, hence I think OP is possibly chasing a problem he doesn't really have.  

2 hours ago, griff450 said:

I’ve been trying to find a solution to my issue and can’t seem to find anyone having the same issues, to start I have a 2014 Silverado LT with the 3.4L V6 with 120k miles, recently my temp has been getting up to 210 although I have a 196 thermostat in it, and sometimes it goes over that and when looking at my fans they don’t turn on unless my AC is on and then they seem to be on low speed, so I put new fans and thermostat in, temp is still going to 210 but not over now but the fans are still not turning on when hot just while AC is on, my next small test will be the temp sensor but I’m sure that’s not it since my gauge still works and my transmission temp is staying in range also so that’s not causing the high temps, I’m hoping someone has had the same issue and knows the fix but my last resort is the pump which I’m saving for last, just hope there’s something I’m missing as I think it’s something to do with the fans not turning on to keep it at the correct temp.

*4.3*

Are you watching live coolant temp data with a scan tool or code reader that can watch live data?