Android Auto questions

I just took delivery of 2024 Canyon Denali.  Learning all about it!   I have a Samsung A53 phone.

I am wondering about Android Auto.

How do you use it?  Please be as specific as possible.  Consider my thoughts as you reply.

- The truck has Google maps in it already.  So I don;t need navigation from my phone.  Or do I?

- I have Sirius/XM so I don;t need music or podcasts from my phone.

- All the other apps are on my phone and I don't see any value in duplicating them in the truck

- My previous truck Ford F250 read my text messages without AA, so I assume the Canyon will as well.

What am I missing?  What is the value of Android Auto TO ME?

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Ltripreno said:

I just took delivery of 2024 Canyon Denali.  Learning all about it!   I have a Samsung A53 phone.

I am wondering about Android Auto.

How do you use it?  Please be as specific as possible.  Consider my thoughts as you reply.

- The truck has Google maps in it already.  So I don;t need navigation from my phone.  Or do I?

- I have Sirius/XM so I don;t need music or podcasts from my phone.

- All the other apps are on my phone and I don't see any value in duplicating them in the truck

- My previous truck Ford F250 read my text messages without AA, so I assume the Canyon will as well.

What am I missing?  What is the value of Android Auto TO ME?

Thanks!

How to use Android Auto - How to Connect to Android Auto | Vehicle Support | GMC

The integrated Google maps.  They will only work if you are subscribed to Onstar Connected Services.  If you don't wish to do so, then you will use Android Auto and then you can use Google Maps from your phone.