Husky vs. Weathertech Mud Flaps

15 minutes ago, Crazy Canuck said:

Anyone have experience with either?  I out the Husky's on my new rig this weekend but feel where they come up the wheel arches could collect sand and ultimately rub the paint off of them?  Might switch then the the Weathertechs.  Anyone have any experience with either?

I have the front and rear husky’s and have had them on a bit over a year so one full snowy winter and have no complaints. There is a small piece of clear tape you apply to that spot. I don’t see anything wearing and doubt it would. Those clips hold then on towards the top insanely tight. If you do a search I’ve posted a few pics of them including one showing how little snow gets on the side and back of truck. I’m glad I put them on. 

I went with Weathertech.  Work good with no concerns, no tape or drilling.  Would've rather bought the Gatorback set with finishing caps to remove the factory "mudflap" and have 1 true functional mudflap but i wasn't going to spend $700.

2 hours ago, Crazy Canuck said:

Thanks Pryme.  I saw your pics.  For mine  they didn't include the tape which is disappointing.  They didn't include drilling a couple if the holes in the right spots either lol.

There is no drilling needed for the huskys or weather techs. 

the husky’s use only the factory mudflap holes and they have one clip that is attached up near the top. 

3 hours ago, AndrewF said:

I went with Weathertech.  Work good with no concerns, no tape or drilling.  Would've rather bought the Gatorback set with finishing caps to remove the factory "mudflap" and have 1 true functional mudflap but i wasn't going to spend $700.

I hear you on the gatorbacks, nice but pretty steep in price.  I ordered the Weathertech today.  Will take pics of both them and the Huskys before I take them off in case anyone wants to compare for the future.

1 hour ago, Crazy Canuck said:

I had to redrill holes in the actual mudguard itself as they were a good distance off the factory holes.

Yeah I had some quality control issues with the husky rear wheel well liners that I needed them to send out and swap one out. Luckily my flaps were made as they should have been. 

On 10/16/2024 at 4:33 PM, BB&Chiveon said:

I used to buy weather tech but in last 5 yrs quality stinks as made cheaper and warp. Now husky on everything 

on the 2500 though- factory liners are the best as they cover 100% of carpet in front. So I would recommend that 

I like the Husky Liners for sure.  Soft rubber vs. Cheap plastic.  The WT mud flaps are pretty good though.

These are the Huskys.  They extend 12 inches fien from the top of the factory flap, front and back.  There is a fairly big gap between the upper part of the flap and the wheel arch - if mine weren't painted, this eould be kess of a problem but i feel sand and stuff would collect in there and wear the paint off.  The install is fairly straight forward removing the three screws from the factory flap and installing the Husky flap with those and a clip.  The fact that the screw holes in the Husky flap were not aligned with the factory holes and not even cleanly drilled through.  That and the fact the clip was quite difficult to get on without scratching the paint made the install a pain.  I ultimately took these off due to the gap between the flairs and the flap. 20241015_123358.thumb.jpg.a24094570b62748d382d532a8fa811c3.jpg20241015_123401.thumb.jpg.ed9dd30aa11b61e55f80493da1fa0cdc.jpg

These are the Weathtechs.  They extend down 2.5 inches in the front and 4 in the rear further than the Huskys.  Although the likely provide more protection, they 'look' less sporty.  I would personally prefer if they were a bit shorter.  Install is simple, take the three screws out from the factory flap, and install the WT with that hardware.  The holes being in the right spots made this a breeze.  Given that the don't extend up past the factory flap, there is also no spot for pebbles to collect and rub paint off.  The WT has sort of a wrap around piece that hugs the back of the flap - this doesn't look the best but it's hard to see and helps with rigidity.  Both the WT and the Huskys feel quite sturdy.  20241017_145532.thumb.jpg.5acea0128d647d199a09c58c76646be8.jpg