Range DFM Disabler for Refresh Trucks

Range just dropped their tool and I ordered it. Excited to get it installed and see how well it performs. They went the inline ECM approach instead of the OBD plug. I prefer that since my AMP steps are in my OBD port LOL.

Will provide some feedback once I get it installed.

https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/dfm_module/parts/RA007

39 minutes ago, Byrds8 said:

Have it installed now. Love it. No noticeable drop in MPG. I may have actually been getting better.

THAT is awesome! I'm hoping to get it next week and installed. Looks like I should be able to move my liner out of the way to access the ECM. I'm on a 6" lift with 35's and have plenty of space above my wheels to work. I don't really see a need to pull the whole thing off LOL.

That's been the biggest gripe I've had is this dumb DFM and Autostop. I hate having to remind myself to go into manual 9th gear to disable it every single time. :)

8 hours ago, geswek said:

THAT is awesome! I'm hoping to get it next week and installed. Looks like I should be able to move my liner out of the way to access the ECM. I'm on a 6" lift with 35's and have plenty of space above my wheels to work. I don't really see a need to pull the whole thing off LOL.

That's been the biggest gripe I've had is this dumb DFM and Autostop. I hate having to remind myself to go into manual 9th gear to disable it every single time. :)

Agreed, I hated having to remember to go in L9. I did not pull my wheel off. I just turned left as far as I could and removed about half the screws and the one body clip. That gave plenty of room to do the deed. I think I will be scheduling to do the software recall soon so I guess I may need to pull it back off for that. Gonna suck to have to remember to put in back in L9 lol.

2 minutes ago, Byrds8 said:

Agreed, I hated having to remember to go in L9. I did not pull my wheel off. I just turned left as far as I could and removed about half the screws and the one body clip. That gave plenty of room to do the deed. I think I will be scheduling to do the software recall soon so I guess I may need to pull it back off for that. Gonna suck to have to remember to put in back in L9 lol.

OH good call! I forgot I got to schedule that recall.

16 hours ago, geswek said:

OH good call! I forgot I got to schedule that recall.

Get your recalls and any other "dealership jobs" done before installing the DFM delete. You don't want any warranty issues. I will be removing the disabler before any dealership visits.

Just now, Bikerjon said:

Get your recalls and any other "dealership jobs" done before installing the DFM delete. You don't want any warranty issues. I will be removing the disabler before any dealership visits.

Yep! I have my recall Friday for the radio module. After that I’m good for just basic oil changes.