Exhaust Leak

2008 Silverado 1500 4.3l engine. I have a exhaust leak on the flange ( picture attached) I believe that there is a “donut”type gasket that goes between the two flanges, which makes sense to take up movement of the exhaust system.The local agent tells me that where is no gasket there just two metal face bolted together.the bolts are rusted so will probably not be able to be reused so I would like to get any info on this before pulling it a part. Thanks for any advice.

AEC4666D-3C05-446E-9DD7-A6EB8CA180A0.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! I bet 1 of the flanges is rotted causing the leak. They make 2 piece replacement flanges if that is the case. The nuts don't look too bad, a little heat will take them right off I think. If there is a gasket in there save as much as you can and take it to a real parts store so they can match it up. If the union is damaged you may be able to put a sleeved graphite donut gasket in there to seal it. (Real parts store, not a chain store with idiots looking stuff up on the computer)

Edited by richard wysong