2016 silverado radio head unit and hmi into 2014 silverado

So long story short, I recently bought a 2014 silverado and hate the 4 inch screen. While walking through my local pick n pull today I saw a 2016 silverado with I believe the ios6 head unit, my question is if I take the head unit and hmi from the 2016 silverado can I put both in the 2014 silverado plug and play. It shouldn't require any programming as I'm taking both the hmi module and head unit from The same truck that go together, am i correct or am I wrong, thanks in advance smile.gif

6 minutes ago, Dhc2024 said:

So long story short, I recently bought a 2014 silverado and hate the 4 inch screen. While walking through my local pick n pull today I saw a 2016 silverado with I believe the ios6 head unit, my question is if I take the head unit and hmi from the 2016 silverado can I put both in the 2014 silverado plug and play. It shouldn't require any programming as I'm taking both the hmi module and head unit from The same truck that go together, am i correct or am I wrong, thanks in advance smile.gif

Programming is required.  Dealer won't be of any help.  You might want to try White Audio and Media and see if they offer reprogramming for customer supplied parts?  

Which 4 inch radio do you have?  IO3 or IO4?  

If you have IO3, there is wiring needed too.  

2014-2019 (K2) Pickup & SUV - White Automotive & Media Services (whiteautoandmedia.com)