So I'm having a weird issue with my 2021 sierra 3500Hd trailer brake controller. The issue: 

- Hook up trailer #A, when empty brakes needs to be set below 3 to keep tires from locking up. 

- Hooks up trailer #B, also empty, turn up controller to 10 and I barely feel any braking force from the trailer when manually pushing the slider all the way. I can hear the electric brakes working on the trailer, it's just not giving enough braking force.... so it's not the same issue that others are having where it's not working at all...

-No error messages on dash.

- both trailers are dual axle and have about the same empty weight.

>● If I hook up either trailer to another truck at the yard (Ford or ram are the only other options) the controller needs to be set at 3 or below also to keep tires from locking up. This test rules out any trailer issues!

I have searched Google and the forums and could not find any solution! Some people have tried replacing the sliding push control in dash, No luck. Browsed through hundreds and hundreds of forum posts, no solution found......

I would do a couple things...pull trailer wheels and check brake condition and if they are adjusted properly.

Double check all wiring and make sure you don't have a bad connection somewhere. If possible, measure voltage at each brake magnet while someone pushed the manual lever.

I am not convinced that your trailer is not the issue.