Spare tire ratchet tool

So i remember in the past having a ratchet tool for removing the lugs and lowering the spare, I carry a truck camper and what I have wont easily lower the spare, can't remember what year I'm thinking of and wondering if parts are interchangeable to upgrade to the older system.

I've had a pickup of each generation including a C/K square body, but don't ever recall a ratchet type tool for the spare.

I think my dads old 97 tahoe had a ratcheting style. I only noticed it one time in the past. 

If it wasn't for how the rods that go down the tube and engage with the hoist for your spare are setup with a male end that goes into the small square socket of the wrench i'd say you could get an adapter for a impact gun and just spin it off with that.

Maybe if you wanted, get a 12 point socket that fits the end of the stick and buy your own ratcheting wrench and use that if you wanted. Just be careful when you raise up the spare with the 12 point socket on the end of the extension sticks, you are barely catching the edge of the rod and you don't need to warp the stick. I'd use the wrench just to get it up and down but use the OEM handle just to break the line loose or snug it up the last little bit when raising/lowering the spare.

I personally have a 1/2" breaker bar in my truck that is a lot better to manage for breaking the lugs loose than the factory wrench. It's not a ratcheting style but it is perfect for me and i'm happy with it. A cheap harbor freight ratcheting wrench would work great and I think a 12 point socket for the rod and a normal 6 point socket for the lugs would be your best solution.