Very large addition being added to Flint assembly.

24 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

Used to be a lot of Isuzu trucks in the GM Truck and Bus engineering at the Pontiac assy back in the 80's, they have had a long history with GM. We had a 6500 from the 90's that we inherited at work. It had a straight 6 Isuzu in it. Most gutless truck I ever drove and I have driven some dogs in my day. 

My father was back & forth to GMARC (beside the Flint Truck Plant?) & Pontiac leading up to the GMT400 changeover. He was the power tool coordinator for Oshawa. He looked after ordering any new tools req'd & setting up the spare parts inventory.

Edited by revrnd

The Isuzu NPR/NRR Chevy LCF 4500/5500 is about the most common class 4-5 medium duty in California.  A contractor friend of mine bought this one on my recommendation a few years ago.  Truck has been great, no issues whatsoever.  L96 6.0L/9L60.  Built in Charlotte MI. by Shyft Group.

20230419_124833.jpg

Edited by C/K Man
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, C/K Man said:

The Isuzu NPR/NRR Chevy LCF 4500/5500 is about the most common class 4-5 medium duty in California.  A contractor friend of mine bought this one on my recommendation a few years ago.  Truck has been great, no issues whatsoever.  L96 6.0L/9L60.  Built in Charlotte MI. by Shyft Group.

20230419_124833.jpg

When they do what they’ve done to the half tons to the HD trucks everyone will get one of these and the medium duties to tool around Home Depot with. Pick up some bags of mulch, maybe a few pavers, heck even a few hydrangeas. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pryme said:

When they do what they’ve done to the half tons to the HD trucks everyone will get one of these and the medium duties to tool around Home Depot with. Pick up some bags of mulch, maybe a few pavers, heck even a few hydrangeas. 

Friend did a dealer swap for the dealership he buys at. GMC 3500 crew cab Denali Ultimate w/ the Dmax. $135,000 CDN or $100,000 US. I hope it's used to pull a 5th wheel not just to impress the neighbours.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

Used to be a lot of Isuzu trucks in the GM Truck and Bus engineering at the Pontiac assy back in the 80's, they have had a long history with GM. We had a 6500 from the 90's that we inherited at work. It had a straight 6 Isuzu in it. Most gutless truck I ever drove and I have driven some dogs in my day. 

Reminded me of my first new truck speaking of gutless,  a 76 C-10 with a 250 straight 6 and 3 on the tree.  I used to deliver softener salt in the Flint area with it and it really struggled trying to merge onto 75 with 15 bags of salt in it.

Back to the original post,  I do hope they add some more color choices for sure. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, skorpyd said:

Reminded me of my first new truck speaking of gutless,  a 76 C-10 with a 250 straight 6 and 3 on the tree.  I used to deliver softener salt in the Flint area with it and it really struggled trying to merge onto 75 with 15 bags of salt in it.

Back to the original post,  I do hope they add some more color choices for sure. 

Do you know if there is actually any difference nowadays in the process that metallic colours are an extra charge vs a few years ago? I know the Pearl of a few years ago was a pricy option.

The pearl and the radiant red are both 3 part paints and thats why the extra $$$    GMC is an upcharge for anything but white but thats just GMC doing GMC things

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Friend did a dealer swap for the dealership he buys at. GMC 3500 crew cab Denali Ultimate w/ the Dmax. $135,000 CDN or $100,000 US. I hope it's used to pull a 5th wheel not just to impress the neighbours.

I hope no one is waiting on an order for a 2025 Black Denali ultimate Duramax, cause its gonna be a few more weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

The pearl and the radiant red are both 3 part paints and thats why the extra $$$    GMC is an upcharge for anything but white but thats just GMC doing GMC things

Well it is professional grade...

My father bought two GMC's and my 1st 2 trucks were GMCs (K15 & a S15). No difference back then but the GMC grilles looked better than the 'egg crate'.

I always laughed back in the mid 80s new guys to the Truck Plant asking if there was a difference on the 2 brands going down the line. 'Nope, other than the model code on the broadcast sheet starting w/ a T for the GMCs & a C for Chevs'. We were building C/K square bodies @ the time. I think as the years & models have passed there has been dome divergence in content (I've been buying Chevs since my 94 or 95 so I'm not researching the GMCs).

That being said does the content differ between the High Country & Denali models?

I have never owned a HC or Denali so I dont pay much attention to it. My last few have been LT with the All star pkg and a few mechanical options.  I do know the Denali ultimate has the most content I have ever seen. I was on my 4th new truck before I had one with AC and power windows. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

I have never owned a HC or Denali so I dont pay much attention to it. My last few have been LT with the All star pkg and a few mechanical options.  I do know the Denali ultimate has the most content I have ever seen. I was on my 4th new truck before I had one with AC and power windows. 

Sounds like LOL. Truck #3 was the 1st w/ AC. I kind of think my 2011 (#6) was the 1st w/ power windows or door locks.

The latter is kind of pointless on a regular cab, especially back in the S truck era. A paint mixing stick w/ a notch is a good low cost alternative. Used to have one imprinted w/ GM Oshawa Truck kicking around the house.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

I doubt it, GM is already using the HD trucks profitability to prop up the spectacular losses on EV's. 

Met a Hummer EV today on the highway. Looked like a bloated oversized pig just like the original Hummer...

• Like 1