GM Software Update

GM has sent out notice to update my wife's 2024 Sierra SLT software with OTA update capabilities. Prior to updating the software, I would like to know what other capabilities it gives GMto monitor driving habiots, ect. and who would have access to it(Ins. companies, law enforcement, etc.

Thanks,

Bob

It appears they are going the same direction as Tesla who can monitor and hear everything.

39 minutes ago, bselff said:

GM has sent out notice to update my wife's 2024 Sierra SLT software with OTA update capabilities. Prior to updating the software, I would like to know what other capabilities it gives GMto monitor driving habiots, ect. and who would have access to it(Ins. companies, law enforcement, etc.

Thanks,

Bob

It appears they are going the same direction as Tesla who can monitor and hear everything.

OTAs are typically software updates or recalls.  They don't give capabilities to GM or others to monitor.  

As for monitoring and permissions, you can control those in the radio.  Should be under permissions or something like that.  You can turn off quite a lot of permissions in there amongst the various apps in the vehicle.    

I agree with new dude…the OTA update is for fixes or problem avoidance.

Unless you have gone deep into the inner bowels of the settings of your smartphone and disabled a ton of settings,  it is the thing  tracking everything, all locations you have been and when, speed, acceleration, quick or hard stops, crashes…. As well as listening….