Back in a Chevy after 20 years.... 2018 Centennial Edition

Hey everyone!

I found this forum after doing plenty of engine research on my "new to me" truck. Long story short, We half inherited/half bought my father in laws 2018 Silverado LTZ Centennial Edition. Truck is near mint, only has 7,400 on the odometer. My father in law kept in garaged and didn't drive it much, but it was one of his most treasured gifts. My wife wanted it kept in the family and couldn't stand to watch it go down the road, so I sold my Cummins swapped 04 Super duty and ended up in this. We just straight up didn't have the room or time to keep both. I've not had a gasser for my daily in 20 years. I will say, this 6.2L is a blast to drive, and has a lot more creature comforts than my Fummins did.

I've already got a catch can sitting on the work bench that will probably get installed next week, once I figure out where I want to run the drain line to. The truck went to the dealer last year and had all the lifters replaced after having a lifter fail. I was shocked that he had a lifter fail after only 7K miles, then I started to understand why after doing my research on the engine technology. Thankfully it was covered under the aftermarket warranty, and I'm thinking I'll be getting one myself. I will say it runs great at the moment. 

Cheers!

image_50407169.JPG

• Like 1

Great looking truck! 

Get it in and have the transmission fluid swap done to the new Mobil One. I am sure yours has developed a lot of moisture in it with that low of miles.

Here is 100, have owned since 08/2018, about 20 miles on the clock when I picked it up.

Best GM product I have ever owned, just went over 73,600 miles this week.

IMG_0706.jpg.56010927095d85f8281f0bc77f132bd1.jpg