GM Program N242447990 Failed Brake Fluid Leak Detection

A driver may not receive an indicator of a loss of brake fluid before the level is below F/CMVSS 135’s requirement.

Are they saying that vehicles included in the recall are at risk of losing brake fluid due to something other than normal fluid loss? Because in my decades of vehicle ownership and use I've only had one vehicle which used fluid more than it should. And that was due to a faulty seal in the master cylinder that was allowing fluid to get sucked into the intake through the booster.

If this is not something other than a warning light issue it would seem that there would be a very, very small chance of needing the light to even come on. I know it's not something you would want to miss if the condition arose. But is the indicator light all that is at play here?

Our Tahoe is part of that recall. I read it to mean you won't get a warning light until it's too late if you have a fluid leak. It's just a software update so no reason not to get it done. I'm sure the recall is to prevent lawsuits and satisfy some gov official.

My first car had point ignition and the brake light was for the parking brake.... lol