L84 misfiring and stalling out of warranty

2021 Silverado RST L84 97, ****** miles 

Got off of work and started my truck and it immediately started shaking from it missing so bad, but no issues before I parked it to go into work. I didn't hear any ticking or tapping from the engine so I decided to take the risk and drive it down the road to oriellys on the way there it was trying to stall at red lights and would hesitate and miss until it cleared up and would run fine. I borrowed their scan tool where it pulled codes

P0300,P0053,P0132,P0139,P0133, PO137

and PO506

all the codes are pointing at 02 sensors but was wondering if anyone had similar issues and what the fix was before I order 02 sensors.

I'd be looking for a common cause first as having 2 oxygen sensors both simultaneously fail isn't that common.  

I'd start with the wire chaffing bulletin that I will link here - 21-NA-149 1..31 (nhtsa.gov)

I would have this ruled out first before throwing sensors at it.  In that TSB, condition 4 and then use cause 4 and correction 4.  Also check fuse F89 in the underhood fuse block.  

Also, double check that P0139 as its not a valid code that shows in the service manual.  

P0053 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0132 - HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0133 - HO2S Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0137 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0506 - Idle Speed Low

Edited by newdude

I agree with newdude, multiple parts failing at once is unlikely. 

Unrelated example - once had a coworker who limped in to work one morning with all sorts of engine trouble. Checked codes and they were all over the place and quite numerous. Popped the hood and started looking around, a rodent had likely gotten trapped under the engine cover and when things started getting hot, made a very desperate escape by chewing through everything in its way out - including a very thick engine wiring harness full of wires. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, asilverblazer said:

I agree with newdude, multiple parts failing at once is unlikely. 

Unrelated example - once had a coworker who limped in to work one morning with all sorts of engine trouble. Checked codes and they were all over the place and quite numerous. Popped the hood and started looking around, a rodent had likely gotten trapped under the engine cover and when things started getting hot, made a very desperate escape by chewing through everything in its way out - including a very thick engine wiring harness full of wires. 

I almost always agree with newdude.