how to get dual function mirror lights

I have a 2014 sierra that I just put towing mirrors on with the running light on the front of the mirror, turn signal in the top glass and the cargo/reverse lights. 

I have the turn signals and the running lights working my question is there a way to make the running light work as a turn signal without buying a fancy harness using either a diode or a relay? 

Also is there a reverse wire in the cab I can tap into 

On 9/10/2024 at 8:05 PM, sierra_fox said:

I have a 2014 sierra that I just put towing mirrors on with the running light on the front of the mirror, turn signal in the top glass and the cargo/reverse lights. 

I have the turn signals and the running lights working my question is there a way to make the running light work as a turn signal without buying a fancy harness using either a diode or a relay? 

Also is there a reverse wire in the cab I can tap into 

I don't see why you couldn't make it dual function. It's been quite a while since I put my boostautoparts mirrors on my truck, but I would look up guides to installing their tow mirrors to figure out what wire to tap into for the signal. 

On my tow mirrors, I have an added harness that makes that amber front light do exactly what you want. Full time running light until turn signals are activated. Not sure why it doesn't do this right from factory. The person that has probably the most knowledge on this is Phil Gamboa @pgamboa and you might try reaching out to him. He has a site where he sells all kinds of harnesses to install mods on these trucks. His site is https://harnessdr.com

If you have a Facebook acct, have had the best success reaching him in Facebook Messenger and he is using his HarnessDr handle on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/HarnessDR/

Edited by mikeyk101