2021 Sierra 1500 Denali driver seat moving when turning

In the last few hundred miles, the driver seat feels like the base itself or some kind of internals in the base are moving and clunking to one side or the other during turns.  It does not shift forward or rearward.  We have the safety package with buzzers and cooled seats if that makes a difference.  Has anyone experienced this and knows what the fix is? 

My 22 ZR2 does something similar. I asked two dealers to look into it but they say they can’t duplicate it. I can’t make it happen by rocking the seat around.  Only when driving. Some other owners on other forums have said the same. Two said that the dealer replaced the seat base. All on the driver side. 

Yeah, I was hoping someone might be aware of a TSB or diagnostic/repair method I could point my dealer to as they usually don't dig very deep unless I hand them a bulletin or GM known fix for an issue.  Wasn't sure if it was the seat itself or one the components buried in it... cooling fan, buzzers, etc.  Just got ours out of the dealer for a 2 week long repeat electrical repair... guess its time to go back again and see if they can replicate this issue.  

On 9/4/2024 at 5:14 AM, tjonesdfw said:

In the last few hundred miles, the driver seat feels like the base itself or some kind of internals in the base are moving and clunking to one side or the other during turns.  It does not shift forward or rearward.  We have the safety package with buzzers and cooled seats if that makes a difference.  Has anyone experienced this and knows what the fix is? 

Search this forum. Others have had this problem and posted about it. I think the fix was replacing the power seat track assy on the drivers side but you will need to search for the solution. It sounds like your dealer is not trying very hard to help you fix many problems that you have been posting about. Maybe try a different dealer who gives a sh*t about customer service and has techs that know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2024 at 11:11 PM, cfell said:

Collision avoidance includes a “seat shaker”… is that what you are feeling?

No, its not the seat shaker.  Its a distinct clunk and shift of the seat when my weight shifts in the seat while turning the truck.  

On 9/8/2024 at 9:40 PM, Bikerjon said:

Search this forum. Others have had this problem and posted about it. I think the fix was replacing the power seat track assy on the drivers side but you will need to search for the solution. It sounds like your dealer is not trying very hard to help you fix many problems that you have been posting about. Maybe try a different dealer who gives a sh*t about customer service and has techs that know what they are doing.

That's what I've seen too but my dealer has already told me they dont think our GM Platinum Plan extended warranty covers anything with the seat base, but I'm still waiting on my service appointment to see what they say.  Agreed on the dealer 100%.  Working through some repeat warranty issues with GM customer service that this dealer has worked on several times, so I'm stuck with this dealer at least until those items are resolved.   Then again, I'm not sure there are any GMC dealers in this area that give a sh*t from my experience.