All Hail! Kyle Spicer for telling me about the Duramax 3.0 bulletin

While surfing Youtube one day I came across Kyle Spicer's video on the 3.0 LM2 Duramax TSB  22-NA-027. I had been experiencing what I thought was excessive oil consumption. I had already learned about bulletin 21-NA-272, which discusses reasons why there might be excessive oil consumption and lays out exactly how much oil use has to occur before it's considered excessive. My 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4 with the LM2  (77k miles) was right at the limit of oil consumption, meaning it didn't go over the line to be considered "excessive". Besides, the 21-NA-272 doesn't say what should happen if I did meet the criteria. Kyle's video got me wise to the game, and told me about a new bulletin. I raced outside to check the sticker on the side of my valve cover and, yes!, the code met the parameters laid out in 22-NA-027. So I called my dealer and told them about this. They had no idea what I was talking about, and told me to bring it in. They took 4 hours to determine that yes, my truck met the criteria for a new camshaft cover. 

It was there all week, just picked it up today. We'll see how it goes in terms of oil consumption. Oh, and right before I took it in I got a CEL P133a, for glow plug #3. Once they looked at the CEL, they found that all the glow plugs needed to be replaced, so they did that too. None of this was billed to me, it was billed to GM.

So, if you have an earlier LM2, watch the video.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2024 at 8:15 AM, winnemucca said:

While surfing Youtube one day I came across Kyle Spicer's video on the 3.0 LM2 Duramax TSB  22-NA-027. I had been experiencing what I thought was excessive oil consumption. I had already learned about bulletin 21-NA-272, which discusses reasons why there might be excessive oil consumption and lays out exactly how much oil use has to occur before it's considered excessive. My 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4 with the LM2  (77k miles) was right at the limit of oil consumption, meaning it didn't go over the line to be considered "excessive". Besides, the 21-NA-272 doesn't say what should happen if I did meet the criteria. Kyle's video got me wise to the game, and told me about a new bulletin. I raced outside to check the sticker on the side of my valve cover and, yes!, the code met the parameters laid out in 22-NA-027. So I called my dealer and told them about this. They had no idea what I was talking about, and told me to bring it in. They took 4 hours to determine that yes, my truck met the criteria for a new camshaft cover. 

It was there all week, just picked it up today. We'll see how it goes in terms of oil consumption. Oh, and right before I took it in I got a CEL P133a, for glow plug #3. Once they looked at the CEL, they found that all the glow plugs needed to be replaced, so they did that too. None of this was billed to me, it was billed to GM.

geometry dash lite

I have a 2020 and it’s been plagued with some issues. First 40 000 km we had the no start long crank issue. Dealer wouldn’t do anything because it wouldn’t do it there. Then at 40k the engine light came on and the truck went into limp mode and they replaced the charge air cooler. Had a few more engine lights that didn’t result in anything other than software issues. Then at 100000 km another engine light and the charge air cooler replaced again under warranty. 

Saw this recently too, but already too late. I got a check engine light for cylinder 5 glow plug, not 2, and already had 126,000miles on the truck. Never had an oil consumption issue, but still had to shell out roughly $3k for all 6 glow plug replacements and new brakes (front and back).

On 8/31/2024 at 8:15 AM, winnemucca said:

uno online

My Sierra is scheduled for this service bulletin on Monday.  My local dealer did not know about the service bulletin.  I have complained about the high oil consumption and high DEF useage to no avail.  My son looked up the service bulletin and your info is spot on.