NextGen Drivetrain 10L1000 Valve Body Upgrades

Has anyone gone about installing parts from Next Gen Drivetrain for the 10L1000?  They make both an upgraded valve body assembly as well as a valve body upgrade kit.  I gave them a call, they stated these parts are plug and play with both the gas and diesel 10L1000's and don't involve any sort of tuning.  I'm thinking they could help with getting ahead of potential valve body issues that have been popping up?

Only caveat is that they aren't OEM approved so they can void warranty (assuming the dealer realizes these parts have been installed) so this will probably hold many of us back for now, but could be an option for those who's warranty has expired.  Parts aren't cheap ($800 for the upgrade kit, $3500 for the complete valve body), but everything with these trucks is expensive and ideally would help prevent more significant transmission damage/issues.

https://nextgendiesel.com/collections/10l1000-transmissions-transmission-parts/products/project-carbon®-10l1000-high-pressure-diy-valve-body-upgrade-kit?variant=43582624333997

https://nextgendiesel.com/collections/10l1000-transmissions-transmission-parts/products/10l1000-project-carbon™-high-performance-valve-body-oil-pump

Edited by AndrewF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just watched the FabRats video and had to be impressed with how he did this while his left arm was in a cast.

He made it look pretty easy, although he is on a lift and not on his back. I really hope this fixes the issues for him.

General Motors should be embarrassed and ashamed of what they are producing lately. Why should anyone spend the kind of money that they are charging for these trucks and then have to spend close to a thousand more without any labor just to fix what should never have been released to the public in the first place. I have been a line mechanic with GM since 1978 and have never seen such garbage being put out. We have trucks lined up waiting for valve bodies that people cant use and are still making payments on. We cant keep up with the engine failures and oil leaks and transmission problems that are never ending. Just had to vent a little.

• Like 1