2019 Chassis Swap with 2015

I'm new to this site but couldn't yet find the information I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can confirm or point me to a previous post.

I have a 71 Chevy C20 that's sitting on a 2019 Silverado LD 1500 4WD Z71 Chassis/Suspension/Drivetrain.  There is an issue with the frame so I need to replace it.  I found a 2015 Silverado 1500 4WD Z71 that I can use for parts.  Can anyone tell me if the chassis is the same?  Will all of the 2019 drive train bolt to the 2015?

Also, do you know if the rack and pinion and front differential from the 2015 will work with the 2019 components/ computer?

Thanks!

IMG_9339.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeff1978 said:

I'm new to this site but couldn't yet find the information I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can confirm or point me to a previous post.

I have a 71 Chevy C20 that's sitting on a 2019 Silverado LD 1500 4WD Z71 Chassis/Suspension/Drivetrain.  There is an issue with the frame so I need to replace it.  I found a 2015 Silverado 1500 4WD Z71 that I can use for parts.  Can anyone tell me if the chassis is the same?  Will all of the 2019 drive train bolt to the 2015?

Also, do you know if the rack and pinion and front differential from the 2015 will work with the 2019 components/ computer?

Thanks!

IMG_9339.jpg

LD yes, if it was a new style 2019 those are an all new frame.  

The steering rack, there are racks that show 2014-2016, and then 2017-2019 LD.  Not sure what is different but they do show different p/ns between those two year windows.  

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff1978 said:

Thanks!

IMG_9339.jpg

Do you have any build pictures of this project? I'm wanting to do the same thing with my 71 gmc. 

13 minutes ago, Jeff1978 said:

Newdude, thanks for the information, Much appreciated!  Now I understand why I've been seeing conflicting information.  Any idea if the front differential is the same?  

Diff appears to be the same.  

The p/ns for the frames appear to all be the same too 2014-2019 so every hard point should match up.  

Perfect, Thanks for all the help!

Just thinking...I need to change the ECM since it was damaged due to the donor truck that everything came from was wrecked.  I wonder if i use an earlier model ECM if that would eliminate any concerns with the earlier model rack and pinion not working.  I'm sure the 2014-2016 rack will bolt up but there must be something different with the associated wiring.  Kind of just thinking out loud here...

23 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Do you have any build pictures of this project? I'm wanting to do the same thing with my 71 gmc. 

I just got the truck from a friend so as of now I don't have any build pics ,but I'm currently backing up a bit and taking it apart. I'm redoing some of the work that was previously done cause i think the frame has damage. 

18 minutes ago, Jeff1978 said:

I just got the truck from a friend so as of now I don't have any build pics ,but I'm currently backing up a bit and taking it apart. I'm redoing some of the work that was previously done cause i think the frame has damage. 

Ok, please take pictures. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Homewrecker007 said:

Ok, please take pictures. 

I'll take some pics.  If you go on youtube go to RustoMod Garage. Those guys did a awd C10. Has some pretty good info and I believe they used a 2007 esclade drive train. 

Edited by Jeff1978
  • Like 1

If you do replace the PCM, you will need to have it programmed by a dealer or someone with a dealer level scan tool and a GM subscription to the correct files. The PCM and TCM have to be flashed together for they run the same matching operating systems, otherwise the transmission will not shift and you'll be stuck in limp mode.