Driver's seat auto adjust

How is the auto seat adjust supposed to work in my 2015 LTZ Silverado? When I open the drivers door the seat (most times) moves forward before I can sit in it, it usually moves back when I shut off the truck. Sometimes it does not go forward and I have to pusH the #1 button on the seat controls on the door. Is this controlled by the body control module? Do I need to replace the BCM? There are no codes set for the BCM.

13 hours ago, dna9656 said:

How is the auto seat adjust supposed to work in my 2015 LTZ Silverado? When I open the drivers door the seat (most times) moves forward before I can sit in it, it usually moves back when I shut off the truck. Sometimes it does not go forward and I have to pusH the #1 button on the seat controls on the door. Is this controlled by the body control module? Do I need to replace the BCM? There are no codes set for the BCM.

Do you have the easy exit feature turned on?

Posted (edited)

I have no idea if it's turned on or not. When I open the door the seat goes in one direction or the other, usually backwards. It moves forward before I sit down or it just stays backed up all the way.

Edited by dna9656
Spelling, punctuation

On 8/26/2024 at 1:22 PM, dna9656 said:

I have ni idea if it's turned on or not. When I open the door the seat goes in one direction or the other, usually backwards. It moves forward before I sit down or it just stays backed up all the way.

Settings > Vehicle > Seating Position. Enable Seat Entry Memory. Enable Seat Easy Exit.

The other thing to check is, what key fob are you using? Each one will have it's own memory settings if they were both set up with the seats.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

What Jim above said. Also, your dash display will show which FOB you're using...i.e. Driver 1, Driver 2....

My wife is short so if I use her key it pushes me into the steering wheel & I have to stop it or get crushed. I started coloring the FOBs to ID mine & hers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dna9656 said:

I got a key made at Ace Hardware, this is THE place to get a key made, way less $ than anyone else!

You will see if it is the correct key when you do this.