Surgery Sept. 6

diyer2

Get well soon and keep us posted!聽 I'm still waiting for a surgery date for my shoulder.聽 In the meantime my knee has been added to a waitlist!聽 聽Of course, I'm taking a keen interest in hearing your progress and glean any tips for the recovery period!聽聽

On 9/10/2024 at 10:19 PM, txab said:

Hope you own a bidet. 馃ぃ

The issue of using toilet tissue without the use of the limb relegated to this task is a concern that immediately came to my mind. .聽 However, this task receives far less discussion than others that are less impactful.聽 聽This part of hygiene is worry for me as I also have limited use of the arm not up for shoulder replacement.聽 Having my wife or a family member assisting while I recover from surgery is not acceptable and I will seriously look at a bidet.聽 I've never used one but see they have bidets that mount on to an existing toilet.聽 I know this topic in not as comfortable to talk about as say putting on a shirt post surgery, but if purchasing a bidet will eliminate the need for TP for a couple of months, then I'm going shopping!聽 聽

• Like 1

You can buy the bidet seat and put it on regular toilet. Toto makes an excellent one. Little pricey, but it is quality. I bought the seat by itself worked flawlessly. Ended up replacing the toilet and found a deal on a Toto toilet. Incredible reputation in the plumbing world. I love the combo.

I've been in the boat聽 being hampered either by hand, arm or occasionally my back. Bidet is the way to go.

You need electricity available for the seat and water heater

This is what I bought. Happened to catch it for a little over a $100, yes, it was a steal. Often $300 will get it. There are various versions of butt washers out there. Some of them as simple as a shower massage for your butt

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08S473TPS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by txab
  • Thanks 1

My mom is over weight and for the most part can't clean well after using the toilet.聽 So I got her a simple $40 bidet from Amazon. It attaches to the toilet. My cousins husband installed it since I'm 9hrs away.聽 He called me laughing, that when he first turned it on, the water shot all the way across the bathroom and hit the mirror.聽

Mom loves it, the cold water doesn't bother her at all. Believe me in the winter time in PA, the cold water gets cold. LOL. Her sisters come to visit and tried it and loved it as well and got one themselves.聽 I tried it when I visit.聽 My problem is that it may clean, but dang how do you deal with the wet butt after?聽 I mean, you still need to pat dry don't you? That defeats the purpose so to speak of not using toilet paper if you need that to dry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

My mom is over weight and for the most part can't clean well after using the toilet.聽 So I got her a simple $40 bidet from Amazon. It attaches to the toilet. My cousins husband installed it since I'm 9hrs away.聽 He called me laughing, that when he first turned it on, the water shot all the way across the bathroom and hit the mirror.聽

Mom loves it, the cold water doesn't bother her at all. Believe me in the winter time in PA, the cold water gets cold. LOL. Her sisters come to visit and tried it and loved it as well and got one themselves.聽 I tried it when I visit.聽 My problem is that it may clean, but dang how do you deal with the wet butt after?聽 I mean, you still need to pat dry don't you? That defeats the purpose so to speak of not using toilet paper if you need that to dry.

Thats why you add a hot air commercial bathroom hand dryer to the room. :)

I'll take heated water and a heated seat, please

• Haha 3

Doing well, still can't sleep normal due to my sling but I can lay down and sleep on my right side. I get up more often and sometimes have to do crossword puzzles until I can go back to sleep. I'm averaging 6 hours sleep a night.聽

聽Being left handed and my left arm being out of commision has been challenging.聽

The swelling in my left hand has gone down and I can now move my fingers.聽

The bath room, I live in sweatpants, easy to pull up one handed. Wiping hasn't been bad for me.聽 Bought some 2X v neck t-shirts and cut the left sleeve off for comfort.聽

I have 7 incisions, 6 microscopic on top of my shoulder and 1 reg. on my bicep. The shoulder and arm swelling have gone down also.聽

聽The pain has gone down some, removing the sling to change clothes, shower is the worst, letting my arm hang to remove it hurts the worst.

Thanks you regulars for your support and it also gives me something to do being here.

20240912_100132.jpg

20240910_174348.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1