Aftermarket intake...

Has anyone replaced the factory intake setup with an Airraid Junior kit? It's just the middle intake tube, re-uses the factory intake box. I had one on my 2012, with a dry drop in filter. Made more... noise. Maybe a little quicker throttle response. I searched here, but didn't find anything. My 2024 Sierra has the 6.2. I wouldn't be expecting more than a 15-18 hp gain... 

J/K...

I originally installed just a AFE dry flow drop in filter on my truck. Couple years ago I put in the K&N kit that's similar to the Airaid Junior kit. It just replaced the factory intake tube and silencer. I didn't notice any more noise or power. I kept the AFE filter instead of putting the K&N from the kit in.

AFE is dry filter, which is why I went with it to start with and kept it instead of the oiled K&N. I have oiled filters on other vehicles but it's because they were put on before dryflows were a thing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, but they do. There’s studies to back it up. My trailblazer ss had a filter much like those cold air set ups from the factory. The last TV show that did a test on cold air intakes I saw was motor week. They even claimed fuel mileage gain. They have a garage segment that was very informative. Sadly the long time host of the segment recently passed. I have been a big user of those products. Basically anything that adds performance like tuning and exhaust. Sure sound does add to the experience. The gains are real.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Oh, but they do. There’s studies to back it up. My trailblazer ss had a filter much like those cold air set ups from the factory. The last TV show that did a test on cold air intakes I saw was motor week. They even claimed fuel mileage gain. They have a garage segment that was very informative. Sadly the long time host of the segment recently passed. I have been a big user of those products. Basically anything that adds performance like tuning and exhaust. Sure sound does add to the experience. The gains are real.

The gains you say is nothing your going to feal they can claim all they want even if it's .3 mpg or 2 hp increase but your not going to feal its not like the poster said of great power and torque. Also if you do multiple dyno pulls on one motor the numbers won't be the same everytime. 

I use to watch motorweek but they started catering to foreign vehicles a long time ago and always found faults in America vehicles.

Edited by Silverado4x4

7 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

The gains you say is nothing your going to feal they can claim all they want even if it's .3 mpg or 2 hp increase but your not going to feal its not like the poster said of great power and torque. Also if you do multiple dyno pulls on one motor the numbers won't be the same everytime. 

I use to watch motorweek but they started catering to foreign vehicles a long time ago and always found faults in America vehicles.

And electric vehicles 

at 106km brought my truck to 10.3/100km and increased my fuel mileage. I was getting 500km ish per tank, brought it up over 600km gas light and  well 660 to fully empty per tank, and my truck has 34.5x12.5x20s. than after I put a pulsar LT in and was getting 9.3/100km at 106km, and around 700km gas light and 760 ish fully empty a tank I drive the same 1200km every two weeks to and from work monitored my truck alot. So to say the S&B did nothing besides make noise I find not true.  

That's not running in SPORT or Off Road Mode

Running Level 1 on Pulsar LT

2021 5.3 RST 

87L Tank

As for a dealer of air intakes nope. Im a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician for Toromont CAT up in the Lower Artic Circle 

Edited by CDN McIntomney