2024 Colorado Bae Engine Bearing noise

I have a 2024 Colorado 1 LT 4x4. I have been experiencing what seams to be a bearing noise or almost a loud squeak at idle and low speeds and some transmission (for lack of a better description) thrashing when I let off the gas at speeds below 35 miles per hour. This bearing noise has been occurring intermittently since I took delivery of the vehicle, however what I believe to be the transmission has always been a little loud and gravelly since I picked it up (with 14 miles on it, currently at just a little over 2k). At first I thought this was just part of the break in for this vehicle, but now I'm not so sure. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I have had some slight engine shudder at idle, but I have never owned a turbo engine before this so I don't know if that is all normal or not.  Does anyone know anything about these issues or have experience with them? I feel like this shouldn't be happening with a brand new vehicle.

15 hours ago, Xkreider said:

I have a 2024 Colorado 1 LT 4x4. I have been experiencing what seams to be a bearing noise or almost a loud squeak at idle and low speeds and some transmission (for lack of a better description) thrashing when I let off the gas at speeds below 35 miles per hour. This bearing noise has been occurring intermittently since I took delivery of the vehicle, however what I believe to be the transmission has always been a little loud and gravelly since I picked it up (with 14 miles on it, currently at just a little over 2k). At first I thought this was just part of the break in for this vehicle, but now I'm not so sure. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I have had some slight engine shudder at idle, but I have never owned a turbo engine before this so I don't know if that is all normal or not.  Does anyone know anything about these issues or have experience with them? I feel like this shouldn't be happening with a brand new vehicle.

We are sorry to see that you are facing this concern with your 2024 Colorado and would like to investigate this further on our end. Please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to your email. 

On 8/14/2024 at 10:54 PM, Xkreider said:

Any videos you can post of the issue you are having?  The 2.7 engine has been around since 2019, and the current iteration since 2022.5 so there is some good documentation on normal noises/sounds from these and the 8 speed transmission.  

Edited by newdude