2017 1500 Silverado fresh air vent blows hot air while driving (A/C is off)

i have a 2017 Silverado i bought new, just recently i have noticed that while driving i will have the fresh air vent on and the knob is set to cool, but the air coming thru the Vent is hot, as though it is getting the from the engine compartment. Any ideas as to where is should start looking?

Thank you

3 hours ago, markzasz said:

i have a 2017 Silverado i bought new, just recently i have noticed that while driving i will have the fresh air vent on and the knob is set to cool, but the air coming thru the Vent is hot, as though it is getting the from the engine compartment. Any ideas as to where is should start looking?

Thank you

Is this with the AC on or off?  

3 hours ago, markzasz said:

Thank you

Is @Grumpy Bear hiding inside your dash? 

I apologize in advance but couldn’t help myself. 

image.png.ce658094bc44d55adb6c0149b8cc2a51.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, markzasz said:

Thank you

If it is just on vent and not AC the duct work can be warm enough to keep the air coming in pretty warm, especially if it is hot out.

• Like 1

As always check for codes. The intake is at the base of the windshield so you will get some engine heat, make sure the weather stripping that prevents engine heat from being able to be pulled into the intake is in place. Possible blend door problem but that should show as a code

• Like 1