IOR front camera upgrade?

12 hours ago, GETGONE said:

Now learn how to use a computer and post them right side up!!!!

WTF! I've never seen them post upside down from my computer....

I can confirm I have the IOR 8".

2020,CK10543,09,19,01,XFVRMF, AXK AY0 AZ3 A2S A7E C4P C5W DLF D31 EF7 E63 FE9 FE9 FJW F48 GPJ GU6 H0U IOR I20 J61 KW5 L3B MAH MQE MSL NB5 NK5 NTB QAE QAQ RD4 RM7 UDD UQF U2J V8D WML X88 Z60 Z82 1SP 1SP 4AA 6HH 7HH 8AT 9AT,434B,,,

26 minutes ago, jashaw said:

I can confirm I have the IOR 8".

2020,CK10543,09,19,01,XFVRMF, AXK AY0 AZ3 A2S A7E C4P C5W DLF D31 EF7 E63 FE9 FE9 FJW F48 GPJ GU6 H0U IOR I20 J61 KW5 L3B MAH MQE MSL NB5 NK5 NTB QAE QAQ RD4 RM7 UDD UQF U2J V8D WML X88 Z60 Z82 1SP 1SP 4AA 6HH 7HH 8AT 9AT,434B,,,

IOR is 7 inch.  

24 minutes ago, jashaw said:

Am I pretty much SOL on getting the front camera to work? Beside going full aftermarket with a separate screen for the front camera??

Without swapping everything in including an IOS/IOT radio, yes.  One person did 360 surround on a truck that came with the trailer view cameras and I believe alread had the IOS radio and it was still $1500 in parts and programming.  Being you have nothing camera wise except the backup camera, you'd have to add in the trailer camera plug, the mirrors, the front camera, module and radio, have the module programmed and then try and wire everything.

Aftermarket would have a much easier and cheaper solution.  There is also a GM approved aftermarket kit from Echomaster that will even tie into the factory radio screen and their Intellihaul system.

Intellihaul 2.0 Trailering Camera for Silverado and Sierra Trucks (echomaster.com)

Front Camera for General Motors Silverado and Sierra Trucks (echomaster.com)

Edited by newdude

https://infotainment.com/shop/interior-accessories/infotainment-radio-upgrades/2019-2022-silverado-sierra-ior-to-iou-gps-navigation-wireless-carplay-auto-upgrade/

This is probably what I would go for. I'm probably not going to do it, and I think I would have to get it programmed too.

Looks like just a pipe dream  🤔

You can get cheap rearview mirrors with built in screens in them for $100 or less that have RCA plugs and the one I have has 2 inputs you can switch between. I don't know what the camera plug on the GM camera is or if there are adapters to turn it into an RCA plug.

35 minutes ago, GETGONE said:

You can get cheap rearview mirrors with built in screens in them for $100 or less that have RCA plugs and the one I have has 2 inputs you can switch between. I don't know what the camera plug on the GM camera is or if there are adapters to turn it into an RCA plug.

I completely forgot about those. I'll have to look them up.