2013 Silverado Gear Indicator not Working

So my 2013 silverado gear indicator doesnt work. The Truck runs and drives and goes through all gears. But When I put into reverse my backup lamps dont turn on, neither does the camera. At night When I unlock the truck the lights turn on even backup lamps so I know the circuit is fine. My park assist doesnt work and neither does the cruise control or the remote start, im assuming its related? Anyone had this issue before? or know what the problem might be. Thanks!

Edited by brnkd

Welcome to the Forum! First step in ANY diagnosis is checking for fault codes. Not all codes light the CEL. My guess is the switch on the side of the transmission is bad or has a bad connection

7 hours ago, brnkd said:

So my 2013 silverado gear indicator doesnt work. The Truck runs and drives and goes through all gears. But When I put into reverse my backup lamps dont turn on, neither does the camera. At night When I unlock the truck the lights turn on even backup lamps so I know the circuit is fine. My park assist doesnt work and neither does the cruise control or the remote start, im assuming its related? Anyone had this issue before? or know what the problem might be. Thanks!

1500?  2500?  3500?  What engine?  What transmission?  

Edited by newdude

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, richard wysong said:

Welcome to the Forum! First step in ANY diagnosis is checking for fault codes. Not all codes light the CEL. My guess is the switch on the side of the transmission is bad or has a bad connection

So the mechanic checked with the scanner and only the error code for comms to the radio showed up as it has aftermarket stereo. He mentioned that he tested the cluster and all the lights turned on including the gear selector light. Is that switch on the same side as the shifter linkage? 

12 hours ago, newdude said:

1500?  2500?  3500?  What engine?  What transmission?  

its a 1500 with 6.2 engine and auto trans. 

Edited by brnkd

3 hours ago, brnkd said:

So the mechanic checked with the scanner and only the error code for comms to the radio showed up as it has aftermarket stereo. He mentioned that he tested the cluster and all the lights turned on including the gear selector light. Is that switch on the same side as the shifter linkage? 

its a 1500 with 6.2 engine and auto trans. 

What codes were present?  The actual codes, not just description.

• The ECM detects a malfunction in the transmission range switch circuit.
  • The IPC detects a loss of serial data communications with the ECM.

1 hour ago, newdude said:

What codes were present?  The actual codes, not just description.

• The ECM detects a malfunction in the transmission range switch circuit.
  • The IPC detects a loss of serial data communications with the ECM.

I believe it was a uo184 code that showed up on scanner