2024 sierra Denali 1500. Can’t get backup lines to appear when backing. Have looked in manual for help. Rear camera works and alarm sounds at last second. Lines would be helpful but can’t bring them up?

There are buttons on the bottom of the backup camera screen. Press the leftmost button that shows the lines on the side almost like road line markers and it should get the lines back. There's also one for a center line used when you want to get connected to a trailer.

On 7/24/2024 at 10:47 PM, L Morgan said:

Well, that went over my head. Thanks

Does that mean you got it now, or still want further explanation?

For anyone following along.

Using button labelled as #6 in post from the manual.

Pushing the button cycles thru the 3 options

- no lines

- straight line in the centre

- the ladder type view

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:27 AM, L Morgan said:

Sorry, I meant I missed it in the owner manual. Thanks

One thing worth checking into for future reference.  I don't know about you guys with fancy GMC's 😃 but for us Chevy guys the manual in the glovebox is only a partial manual.  I have a downloaded PDF of the manual that I reference if needed.

The infotainment screen also has a manual and I can only assume its complete but dont know for sure.

I read the entire 400 page manual online for the '24 Sierra Denali prior to closing the deal and again after. Very detailed, good info for any owner. In this case I failed to recall the answer to my original question. As you suggest the glovebox manual is good for the everyday questions that may arise. As with any new vehicle I know many owners don't know the full extent of all the vehicle features even the day they trade it off.  Worse yet, they fail to become aware of and research these forums asking questions of experienced owners. Forums are a great learning tool IMO. This my first GMC, came over from RAM. Happy, Happy