Looking for help identifying a noise

Please help me with this noise. 

2002 GMC 2500HD 4x4 6.0 LQ4 with a 4L80e - 133,000 miles.

I bought this truck back in December and since then I’ve been chasing down the sources of various noises.  First was the obvious exhaust leaks; as a bandaid, I put Dorman clamps on 3 corners.  After that noise was fixed, I heard a strange rattling noise that sounded like it was coming from the bottom end/bell housing.

After pulling the inspection plate to check all the flex plate bolts, I could see it wasn’t cracked.  To further support this, I took it to a trusted indy mechanic who confirmed the plate wasn’t cracked and that the noise instead sounded like a bad lifter (although, to me, it doesn't sound exactly like a lifter tick).

I’ve done a couple ATF flushes and a MMO flush over the past month and nothing really helped much (only made it a tiny bit quieter momentarily).  Finally, I broke down and pulled the heads to replace the stock lifters and trays with a full LS7 set from BTR.

Now I’ve got it all back together and the rattle persists.  Plus! I’ve got shimmery metallic galaxies in my oil.  Looks a bit coppery in color, unfortunately.

The video in the link shows the current noise and the oil I just drained:

And this link shows what my oil looked like about 20-30 miles after the lifter job:

48 minutes ago, hayden90 said:

Please help me with this noise. 

2002 GMC 2500HD 4x4 6.0 LQ4 with a 4L80e - 133,000 miles.

I bought this truck back in December and since then I’ve been chasing down the sources of various noises.  First was the obvious exhaust leaks; as a bandaid, I put Dorman clamps on 3 corners.  After that noise was fixed, I heard a strange rattling noise that sounded like it was coming from the bottom end/bell housing.

After pulling the inspection plate to check all the flex plate bolts, I could see it wasn’t cracked.  To further support this, I took it to a trusted indy mechanic who confirmed the plate wasn’t cracked and that the noise instead sounded like a bad lifter (although, to me, it doesn't sound exactly like a lifter tick).

I’ve done a couple ATF flushes and a MMO flush over the past month and nothing really helped much (only made it a tiny bit quieter momentarily).  Finally, I broke down and pulled the heads to replace the stock lifters and trays with a full LS7 set from BTR.

Now I’ve got it all back together and the rattle persists.  Plus! I’ve got shimmery metallic galaxies in my oil.  Looks a bit coppery in color, unfortunately.

You should have pulled the engine instead of tossing in lifters.  Brass in oil = bearing material.  You've probably got internal bearing problems.  Could be cam bearings, could be lower like crank or rod.  

Right, I can see that hindsight would make it obvious that the motor might’ve needed a rebuild, but I failed to mention in my first post that the oil changes before the lifter job looked fine (no glitter of any kind). 

11 hours ago, hayden90 said:

Right, I can see that hindsight would make it obvious that the motor might’ve needed a rebuild, but I failed to mention in my first post that the oil changes before the lifter job looked fine (no glitter of any kind). 

I think I'd still be opening it up.  No glitter to now a bunch of glitter?  Something is going on internally.  New lifters shouldn't leave a bunch of brass glitter in your oil.