RPM dropping to 0, no acceleration

I was driving my 2018 Silverado (~75k miles), was driving at low speed merging onto highway, RPMs suddenly dropped to zero, got no acceleration from the throttle, pulled over, turned truck on and off then ran fine for another 50miles before it happened again at a red light, no lights on the dashboard appeared, I want to assume it’s the transmission but any idea what else it could be?

Not following the zero RPM's, did the engine die? Sounds electrical, bad ground, bad battery..... Any CEL's present?

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Not following the zero RPM's, did the engine die? Sounds electrical, bad ground, bad battery..... Any CEL's present?

RPMs gauge dropped to zero, complete zero, as if the engine just shut off yes, but everything electronic was still on (stereo/ dashboard), no CEL’s present, I cleaned the MAP sensor, maybe something electrical?

Take it to a parts store and have it scanned, not all failures turn the CEL on. you may need a scanner that records so you can see the data when it occurs. Trans codes may not turn the CEL on but are still stored

• Like 1