10 hours ago, Bikerjon said:

So the Base Price was $42,042 and your payoff is $42,282? So you have driven this truck since 2022 and you owe more than you paid for it?

Unpaid interest and or late or no pays over term add up? 

I’ve never suffered this kind of loss. It looks they’re admitting fault with their offer. Where insurance comes in is with personal property in the truck. That’s why I suggested the CarPro website. Can it help? It’s worth a look because it’s free. And there’s going to be reductions for using the truck for a period of time. I would move on while talking to the insurance company. Possibly you could get a deal buying another new truck through GM. As a show of good will. I had a problem truck once. They gave me credit towards another and a deal with a year newer truck. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 1:15 PM, Johnyd33 said:

...I was enjoying my Saturday, my engine made strange noises when starting my truck and stalled out on me at a light. When I started the truck again it made strange noises and started to smell funny,

Johnny D checked on his car too late.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  

23 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve never suffered this kind of loss. It looks they’re admitting fault with their offer. Where insurance comes in is with personal property in the truck. That’s why I suggested the CarPro website. Can it help? It’s worth a look because it’s free. And there’s going to be reductions for using the truck for a period of time. I would move on while talking to the insurance company. Possibly you could get a deal buying another new truck through GM. As a show of good will. I had a problem truck once. They gave me credit towards another and a deal with a year newer truck. 

That's because GM is at fault here, this was a newer truck still under the original bumper to bumper that self combusted itself like a ford explorer. This is one is on GM 100% and this offer he received proves as much to me, so please to the "claim on insurance" people, please go find another post to give poor and wrong information in please!

Making this claim could very much trigger higher policy rates that can add up to thousands of dollars in the end.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

That's because GM is at fault here, this was a newer truck still under the original bumper to bumper that self combusted itself like a ford explorer. This is one is on GM 100% and this offer he received proves as much to me, so please to the "claim on insurance" people, please go find another post to give poor and wrong information in please!

Making this claim could very much trigger higher policy rates that can add up to thousands of dollars in the end.

After insuring hundreds of vehicles for my business and having several family members who sell insurance. The first call is always to the insurance company. They are your advocate. They also appreciate knowing there’s a possibility of a manufacturer problem. You sir are simply wrong. You could get cancelled for not notifying them and a mark could be applied to your records. You think that’s not shared. You must be a babe in the woods.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

After insuring hundreds of vehicles for my business and having several family members who sell insurance. The first call is always to the insurance company. They are your advocate. They also appreciate knowing there’s a possibility of a manufacturer problem. You sir are simply wrong. You could get cancelled for not notifying them and a mark could be applied to your records. You think that’s not shared. You must be a babe in the woods.

I may add to anyone thinking they can wait to notify your insurance company. Try going back at a later date to make a claim thinking maybe it’s someone else’s fault. See how long it takes for that investigation to conclude. Call right away.

Edited by KARNUT
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

LMAO the fact GM already admitted fault and submitted a payoff offer means everything in your post is pretty much wrong!

And the owner of the truck is of course going to let his insurance know his truck is a burnt out shell now, not sure what in the heck you are talking about with that comment. That still doesn't mean that if GM is liable that the owner should not investigate that avenue instead of submitting a claim for a total loss on his truck.

Any personal items lost in the fire I agree will most likely have to be a homeowners or renters insurance claim, i dont not believe  auto policies cover those items.

16 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

LMAO the fact GM already admitted fault and submitted a payoff offer means everything in your post is pretty much wrong!

And the owner of the truck is of course going to let his insurance know his truck is a burnt out shell now, not sure what in the heck you are talking about with that comment. That still doesn't mean that if GM is liable that the owner should not investigate that avenue instead of submitting a claim for a total loss on his truck.

Any personal items lost in the fire I agree will most likely have to be a homeowners or renters insurance claim, i dont not believe  auto policies cover those items.

So you think GM at once said yup our fault. Here’s the money. So ok if you have an incident and you think I’ll wait to call my insurance company, go for it. Me while I’m waiting to get towed I’ll call the insurance company for instructions. That’s what I pay them for. I don’t live in fear that my actions for service I pay for are going to lead to cost increases. I’ve never had an at fault accident only two accidents in my 50 plus years of driving. Both were stop signs runners early on. So now I make sure they’re going to stop. Learn by experience. Like calling the insurance company if you have an accident. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

So you think GM at once said yup our fault. Here’s the money. So ok if you have an incident and you think I’ll wait to call my insurance company, go for it. Me while I’m waiting to get towed I’ll call the insurance company for instructions. That’s what I pay them for. I don’t live in fear that my actions for service I pay for are going to lead to cost increases. I’ve never had an at fault accident only two accidents in my 50 plus years of driving. Both were stop signs runners early on. So now I make sure they’re going to stop. Learn by experience. Like calling the insurance company if you have an accident. 

You keep referring to me as i like said to not notify the insurance provider, which i didn't! The first call after 911 is of course to the provider to let them know the truck is no longer. But submitting a claim with them would be wrong as proven by GM offering a buyout, and yes submitting any claim on your insurance is never a good thing regardless if it is not your fault. Go ask anyone who lives near a coast line in florida about what submitting a claim does and how insurance provider handles them. If that is a can you dont have to open up then you dont open it up, this is on GM already proven so by the offer!

6 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

This thread is more futile than arguing politics or religion on Facebook 

12 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

You keep referring to me as i like said to not notify the insurance provider, which i didn't! The first call after 911 is of course to the provider to let them know the truck is no longer. But submitting a claim with them would be wrong as proven by GM offering a buyout, and yes submitting any claim on your insurance is never a good thing regardless if it is not your fault. Go ask anyone who lives near a coast line in florida about what submitting a claim does and how insurance provider handles them. If that is a can you dont have to open up then you dont open it up, this is on GM already proven so by the offer!

I had a condo in Myrtle Beach and just had a hurricane pass over my house a couple weeks ago.

This so called "offer" has no date and no context. Theres no proof it was proffered after the fire, it very well could have been a buyback offer that was solicited before the fire,  which in my book potentially makes the fire even more suspicious. It absolutely is not an admission of responsibility no matter when it was offered.  

See what I mean when I say theres not enough data to draw any conclusions. 

Edited by 64BAwagon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1