I just bought a 24 GMC AT4 and the only manuals i received were a quick start guide and a owners supplement that mostly talks about the seat belts. I was just wondering what is standerd. Because the dealer has been a disaster through the whole processes. Thanks    

29 minutes ago, earn3dale said:

I just bought a 24 GMC AT4 and the only manuals i received were a quick start guide and a owners supplement that mostly talks about the seat belts. I was just wondering what is standerd. Because the dealer has been a disaster through the whole processes. Thanks    

GM dropped the full printed manual coming with the vehicles starting 2023 and pretty much all gone for 2024 except a couple cars.

There are multiple methods of reading/obtaining the full manual.

- www.gmc.com and you can pull up the entire book online.  Manuals and Guides | Vehicle Support | GMC

- The MyGMC app on your phone should have it.

- The radio screen itself.  I "think" its in the MyGMC app page in there.

- If you really gotta have the printed book, www.helminc.com and you can purchase the printed book at your expense.    

It's wild to me that a physical manual is no longer provided with a $100k truck.  At least make it available to those that want it.  

• Like 1

20240710_195424.thumb.jpg.6313919538198fe13ad4d530d332dc32.jpgThats why its better to buy a 2024 3500 gasser, WT regular cab 4x4.  Its less than $55,000 and ( comes ) with a printed 2024 manual. 

Mine was in the glove box along with the silly supplemental thingy. 

So, they have one, print one and give it out...

Carry on.......................................... 

43 minutes ago, lineman1234 said:

Thats why its better to buy a 2024 3500 gasser, WT regular cab 4x4.  Its less than $55,000 and ( comes ) with a printed 2024 manual. 

Mine was in the glove box along with the silly supplemental thingy. 

So, they have one, print one and give it out...

Carry on.......................................... 

If you look at this manual and the one you download, you will find the paper one is not a complete manual.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bruceb58 said:

If you look at this manual and the one you download, you will find the paper one is not a complete manual.

I have the online one downloaded for quick reference so i dont have to go out and dig out my paper one, if i want to reference something wile inside.... 

Do you have a paper one?  i am not going word for word online and paper, but it seems to be just the same. 

It would be great if you could find and point out what is missing.

Edited by lineman1234

1 hour ago, lineman1234 said:

I have the online one downloaded for quick reference so i dont have to go out and dig out my paper one, if i want to reference something wile inside.... 

Do you have a paper one? I do, i am not going word for word online and paper, but it seems to be just the same. 

It would be great if you could find and point out what is missing, like what page and information on said page paper manual vs online one. It has already been stated that ( they ) dont make one, now you say its not the same as the pdf online one. So please prove your statement. 

Yes, I have the paper one...same as you have.

All you have to do is go to the table of contents and see how much smaller it is...it is CONSIDERABLY smaller. I have it on a tablet so I can reference it if I am on a trip.

here is a simple one...go to the lighting section. You will not see this page in the paper manual.

image.thumb.png.84712da7022efdf367d21db455e87962.png

Edited by bruceb58

I have a paper manual in my 2021, but I downloaded the on line pdf manual into my phone’s files app and I use that far more than the paper manual. I still like having the paper manual in the truck, though. 

Yep that other manual looks different, as well as the wording on the cover.

Maybe the thinking is for the WT for fleet owners as more than just one person might be operating the thing and its helpful to have a paper manual in the glovebox. For some reason the WT seems to be treated different, as it was the only model able to be ordered with the E85 package. ( that wasnt able to be ordered ) because not available????? They say. 

2 hours ago, lineman1234 said:

Maybe the thinking is for the WT for fleet owners as more than just one person might be operating the thing and its helpful to have a paper manual in the glovebox. For some reason the WT seems to be treated different, as it was the only model able to be ordered with the E85 package. ( that wasnt able to be ordered ) because not available????? They say. 

The funny thing is, for your truck, the manual I have would be just fine since many of the options are not even on your truck!

The E85 is not available on the 6.6L gas engine. They used the smaller engine still for awhile on the WT?

Edited by bruceb58

3 hours ago, bruceb58 said:

The funny thing is, for your truck, the manual I have would be just fine since many of the options are not even on your truck!

The E85 is not available on the 6.6L gas engine. They used the smaller engine still for awhile on the WT?

If you go to build and price  build a 2024 3500 gasser, you ( will ) find that on a WT and only a wt pickup is the option to order E85. I went to order one but the build time for a 2 door was unknown, so i found close to what i wanted on a lot, that wasnt ordered with the E85. 

And,,,, the manual i posted sais cheby, NOT GMC like the one you posted.  

I dont know where you are getting your information, but it seems totally wrong for a 2024 3500 6.6 gasser cheby WT. 

6 hours ago, lineman1234 said:

My 22 w/t got the full manual. But maybe they all did through 22 as Newdude mentioned. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bruceb58 said:

I hate to have to add this and waist my time...

Go to the ( online manual ) unless you can get ahold of a paper one like i have, i have both online and paper, as i have proven. 

That being said. Go to chevrolet,,,, NOT GMC, and look at the HD manual for 2024 2500s and 3500s gassers. Page 267, gives the information on E85 if the vehicle is equiped for it and how to tell. That is the 6.6 chegy gasser..........