Brand New 24 Sierra with 3.0L

Made it 6 days before I got the Reduced Acceleration message code P2463.  Took back to dealer they did a service regeneration, said soot level was 120%?  How can a truck that's been driven 6 days with 190 miles have 120% soot level in the particulate filter?  I didn't get a keep driving message what happened to self regeneration?  Is there a sensor or ECM problem that missed the regeneration?  Very concerning being so new.

No normal in city with probably 40 miles of interstate/highway.  I've kept the rpms fairly low and varied the mph per the manual on break in.  Now most trips have been stop and go short trips but dang 120% soot at 190 miles and brand new.  Hard to wrap my head around that.

1 hour ago, Matt Willey said:

No normal in city with probably 40 miles of interstate/highway.  I've kept the rpms fairly low and varied the mph per the manual on break in.  Now most trips have been stop and go short trips but dang 120% soot at 190 miles and brand new.  Hard to wrap my head around that.

Its possible.  Its not 100% the reason, but the probability is pretty strong.  These modern diesels need heat in them.  Short trips long term kill DPFs.  Need a good highway 55-70mph drive for 20-40 minutes.  

• 2 weeks later...

My truck was straight off the trailer, it had 3 miles on it.  The filter was indeed full, and they had to force the service regen.  I haven't had the problem since but have been on the highway a lot the last two weeks.  Overall, that's the only issue and I love this truck and the 25-28 mpg...  That's a solid 7 mpg improvement over the 2020 5.3L