What should I do?

Pyrce

Hi, I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab with the 5.3L. It is an ltz and it has 4wd with the 5ft bed. I recently did some cosmetic modifications I had been wanting to do along with some simple performance mods such as a cold air intake, breather hoses, air box delete, upgraded driveshaft, and an exhaust. I also did a cat delete and have a 3 1/2 in lift. Overall, I noticed a decent gain in low end torque, horsepower, and the throttles responsiveness. Now, I am unsure of what to do. I daily drive the truck and want it to be practical but powerful. I also am not looking for modifications that would require puling the engine. I'm open to any recommendations and suggestions. I appreciate the help greatly and thank you for your time!

8D145044-FEB9-41F5-AB84-696F327C9A97(1).thumb.jpeg.6bf24e1f68fa11add55afe9226bc1275.jpeg

The airbox delete is dumb, you'll be sucking in hot air. The stock airbox flows more air than your engine can breath, so it's not a problem. Just do a airaid intake tube for better intake sound and less engine bay clutter.

Upgraded driveshaft is only needed if you are going over the speed limiter, aka about 100mph. Not likely you are doing that on the regular.

Get it tuned by someone who really knows what they are doing and that will wake it up a ton. Tuning the 6 speed transmission does a lot for making it feel better.

27 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

The airbox delete is dumb, you'll be sucking in hot air. The stock airbox flows more air than your engine can breath, so it's not a problem. Just do a airaid intake tube for better intake sound and less engine bay clutter.

Upgraded driveshaft is only needed if you are going over the speed limiter, aka about 100mph. Not likely you are doing that on the regular.

Get it tuned by someone who really knows what they are doing and that will wake it up a ton. Tuning the 6 speed transmission does a lot for making it feel better.

I kind of said the wrong thing. I have an intake tube. I also got the driveshaft mainly because the stock one was not long enough with the lift kit. I appreciate the suggestion, I want to get it tuned but im struggling on finding a good place. 

6 hours ago, Pyrce said:

Hi, I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab with the 5.3L. It is an ltz and it has 4wd with the 5ft bed. I recently did some cosmetic modifications I had been wanting to do along with some simple performance mods such as a cold air intake, breather hoses, air box delete, upgraded driveshaft, and an exhaust. I also did a cat delete and have a 3 1/2 in lift. Overall, I noticed a decent gain in low end torque, horsepower, and the throttles responsiveness. Now, I am unsure of what to do. I daily drive the truck and want it to be practical but powerful. I also am not looking for modifications that would require puling the engine. I'm open to any recommendations and suggestions. I appreciate the help greatly and thank you for your time!

8D145044-FEB9-41F5-AB84-696F327C9A97(1).thumb.jpeg.6bf24e1f68fa11add55afe9226bc1275.jpeg

I always use handheld tuners. There’s several some that give you lots of control if you want to learn. I went with the basic premium tune. I would raise the shift points and max RPM. Raised the cut off at 130 MPH, set the TM at 50 percent. My 14 was E-85 compatible using that was a boost in HP and TQ. If your truck doesn’t have that, it’s an easy conversion according to threads found on here.