Alignment and Wear question

I have a 17 Silverado with 6" lift, everytime i take it in for alignment check, they say its within spec and dont charge me anything because there is nothing to do, But i am getting wear on the front tires. On the passenger side front tire, the outside of the tire is wearing and inside is full thread(normal wear).  The driver side front tire, the inside is wearing and the outside is full thread(normal wear).

And then i called around and trying to find alignment shops that will just do a 2 wheel alignment on the truck, is that correct, that a 4 wheel alignment on a truck is not needed? Or is that misstated online. 

I just checked the price of the tires and they have gone up to $450/each tire and right now only need 2, but when i do my rotation, im going to need all 4 sooner than later.

Is there anything i can check myself that would be causing the uneven wear on the front tires?

1 hour ago, cubangt said:

they say its within spec and dont charge me anything because there is nothing to do

There is WITHIN SPEC and then there is ON SPEC. People don't like to work. They like you to hand them all your money. 

Did you get print out? INSIST on a printout. Give you an example: Look at the camber on this job. See those arrow in the middle where the arrows are? That is ON SPEC. You could have the left one at +0.7 and the right at -1.1 and be IN SPEC and have opposite edges of the tire wear. His job isn't to get in IN SPEC, it's to get it ON SPEC. If he doesn't see it that way find a shop that does. 

KingBellAlignment.thumb.jpg.2093920ab7b6a6f987167a336b94d73b.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

There is WITHIN SPEC and then there is ON SPEC. People don't like to work. They like you to hand them all your money. 

Did you get print out? INSIST on a printout. Give you an example: Look at the camber on this job. See those arrow in the middle where the arrows are? That is ON SPEC. You could have the left one at +0.7 and the right at -1.1 and be IN SPEC and have opposite edges of the tire wear. His job isn't to get in IN SPEC, it's to get it ON SPEC. If he doesn't see it that way find a shop that does. 

KingBellAlignment.thumb.jpg.2093920ab7b6a6f987167a336b94d73b.jpg

thanks, not sure i know where the last print out is, but will ask the additional questions next shop i find. I def want to get it done before i spend money on another set of tires. 

• Like 1